RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?)

2 posters

Go down

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) Empty Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?)

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 04:32 pm

Hello all,

I was just wanting to see if you all could give me some guidance on the subject. (To make sure I am thinking correctly)

I noticed there were 3 versions of pcsx2 available within the retrobat menu. I installed the 1st on (avx2). Once I chose the game I wanted to play for emulation station, it seems the player 1 controller was configured automatically. However the player 2 controller was not seen (not configured- no button presses from the second controller registered on the game)

Could you all tell me if this behavior is expected?

And do I essentially need to somehow open the downloaded emulator standalone and configure the second controller after I have the emulator opened by itself (outside of retrobat).

-- If the above is what needs to be done, will I lose these updates after a retrobat update?--

I am honestly just looking for advice on the best way to handle "non-retroarch" emulators.

Thank you all for any advice you can give on this specific situation but also overall general advice.

And thank you again to the developers/ admin. You all have built and maintain such a great front end!! Very appreciative.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) Empty Re: Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?)

Post by getupor 26/12/23, 04:35 pm

Hello
Can you remind us which controlers you were using ?

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) Empty Re: Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?)

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 04:52 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
Can you remind us which controlers you were using ?

I apologize. I am using xbox one (s) controllers- bluetooth support. Model 1708 is what they go by I believe.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/12/23, 04:53 pm

two of them so, if you want to play 2 players games ?

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 04:54 pm

getupor wrote:two of them so, if you want to play 2 players games ?
Exactly, that's what I was trying to do. (2 of them)
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/12/23, 04:59 pm

And can you try by "forcing" the controller position ?

Guidance needed on using pcsx2 emulator (downloaded from within retrobat, autoconfiguration of controllers not possible?) 2023-127

BTW, sharing your "es_input.cfg" in \emulationstation\.emulationstation\ could help

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 05:07 pm

@getupor.

Ahh, yes, I can try that feature.

I will try the forcing of the controller position tonight when I get home.

Below is my es-input.cfg

For some reason, it is only showing 1 controller. Maybe this is the issue? After attempting to play the PS2 game and quitting when it didn't work. We then played a SNES game without changing anything about the controllers (more information I thought may be good to know)

```

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<inputList>
 <inputConfig type="keyboard" deviceName="Keyboard" deviceGUID="-1">
 <input name="a" type="key" id="120" value="1" />
 <input name="b" type="key" id="122" value="1" />
 <input name="down" type="key" id="1073741905" value="1" />
 <input name="hotkey" type="key" id="1073742053" value="1" />
 <input name="left" type="key" id="1073741904" value="1" />
 <input name="pagedown" type="key" id="50" value="1" />
 <input name="pageup" type="key" id="49" value="1" />
 <input name="right" type="key" id="1073741903" value="1" />
 <input name="select" type="key" id="32" value="1" />
 <input name="start" type="key" id="13" value="1" />
 <input name="up" type="key" id="1073741906" value="1" />
 <input name="x" type="key" id="97" value="1" />
 <input name="y" type="key" id="115" value="1" />
 </inputConfig>
 <inputConfig type="joystick" deviceName="Xbox One S Controller" deviceGUID="030000005e040000e002000000007200">
 <input name="a" type="button" id="1" value="1" />
 <input name="b" type="button" id="0" value="1" />
 <input name="down" type="hat" id="0" value="4" />
 <input name="hotkey" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
 <input name="joystick1left" type="axis" id="0" value="-1" />
 <input name="joystick1up" type="axis" id="1" value="-1" />
 <input name="joystick2left" type="axis" id="2" value="-1" />
 <input name="joystick2up" type="axis" id="3" value="-1" />
 <input name="l2" type="axis" id="4" value="1" />
 <input name="l3" type="button" id="8" value="1" />
 <input name="left" type="hat" id="0" value="8" />
 <input name="pagedown" type="button" id="5" value="1" />
 <input name="pageup" type="button" id="4" value="1" />
 <input name="r2" type="axis" id="5" value="1" />
 <input name="r3" type="button" id="9" value="1" />
 <input name="right" type="hat" id="0" value="2" />
 <input name="select" type="button" id="6" value="1" />
 <input name="start" type="button" id="7" value="1" />
 <input name="up" type="hat" id="0" value="1" />
 <input name="x" type="button" id="3" value="1" />
 <input name="y" type="button" id="2" value="1" />
 </inputConfig>
</inputList>
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/12/23, 05:08 pm

Hummm... both controller should appear there (with a different deviceGUID)

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 05:10 pm

getupor wrote:Hummm... both controller should appear there (with a different deviceGUID)

I added a sentence or 2 to the post just before this one. 

See if you are thinking the same thing I am thinking.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 05:11 pm

I am surprised the SNES game worked but I am certain both controllers were working properly when we went into the SNES game directly after quitting the PS2 game. 

Maybe retroarch understood somehow?
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 26/12/23, 05:14 pm

@getupor

When I get home tonight, I will map the second controller and see if the issue goes away with PCSX2. This may have all been my fault. 

I will report back what I find this evening.

Thank you @getupor. I apologize if this ends up being my fault!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down