RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having problems with sound samples not being found

3 posters

Go down

Having problems with sound samples not being found Empty Having problems with sound samples not being found

Post by Gavin 28/08/23, 09:27 pm

Hello,

So I have a new laptop and thought that I would go the route of using Retrobat on it as my emulator of choice.

It works OK, and I love the interface, but some ROMS error saying that sound samples are not found.

These same ROMS in MameUI work just fine (but the interface of that is horrible).

Can anyone advise of what to do - the ROMS in question are Gorf and Galaxians if that matters?

Thank you,

Gavin.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Having problems with sound samples not being found Empty Re: Having problems with sound samples not being found

Post by tartifless 28/08/23, 10:09 pm

Hello,

Where do you put the sample files ?

Regards

Having problems with sound samples not being found Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Having problems with sound samples not being found Empty Re: Having problems with sound samples not being found

Post by Gavin 28/08/23, 10:11 pm

Hi,

So heres the thing, Im a complete newb at this, and so, I dont know.I have added the ROMS (they are a repack I downloaded) into the correct ROMS dir, and I have scraped them etc and they do work just with no sound.

The repack version of mame works fine, but in the samples directory of that, there is nothing there.
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 28/08/23, 11:09 pm

Samples are not specific to Retrobat, they are used by Mame and are needed to get sound.
They are part of the romsets.

Missing samples will still run the game but without sound.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin 29/08/23, 03:01 pm

HI,

I get that, so why does it work in standalone Mame and not RetroBat?
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 29/08/23, 03:18 pm

Hello
Hard to say without so few informations

You should add some screenshots of your folder \bios\mame\samples; \emulators\mame\samples
And also and exemple of rom that don't play sound (inside the .zip also)

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/08/23, 04:46 pm

Gavin wrote:HI,

I get that, so why does it work in standalone Mame and not RetroBat?

Because you are running from RetroBat with the libretro core, and libretro cores might not allow launching without the samples.

However, i just tested and i was able to run space invaders without the samples, i just received a notification that the samples are missing, but the game still launched...

You should give the following information:
- What game ? And show a screenshot of the roms\mame folder where we see the path and the game
- Show a screenshot of the retrobat\bios\mame\samples path and content
- Show in RetroBat how you run the game and with which included emulator
- Show a screenshot of the error you get
- Give us the version of RetroBat you are using

Regards

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down