RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music Empty [RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music

Post by Retrogamingpc 06/09/23, 05:37 am

Hello,

I installed a fresh RetroBat on my fresh Windows computer and all games I try to play are running super slow, as an example Super Mario World is almos unplayable. I haven’t changed anything to any of the settings so it’s using default, the interface runs flawlessly just when I launch the game the issue starts. What could be wrong?
RetroBat Version: 5.3.0.0
Stable win64

Computer:
Intel Core i5-7500T CPU @ 2.70Hz
RAM: 16 GB
System Type: 64-bit
I have DirectX 12 installed.

Any other information you would need?
Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music

Post by tartifless 06/09/23, 07:29 am

Hi,
Your gpu is the igpu ?
Try changing the video driver in the retrobat options also make sure that you have the latest drivers for your hardware.

[RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Games running very slow same with music

Post by Retrogamingpc 06/09/23, 12:57 pm

Let me check the gpu and video driver. Another detail is that I’m using a 4K tv and not a computer monitor, I saw on another post someone having a similar issue with this set up, I will check that as well and try to use a pc monitor instead. I will follow up. Thanks for the tip.
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrogamingpc 06/09/23, 12:59 pm

Also yes I’m using the integrated gpu.
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 06/09/23, 01:19 pm

I am using a 4K oled TV with no issues...
What model is it ? More than 60hz refresh rate ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrogamingpc 06/09/23, 01:47 pm

It is a TCL 5 series 43S525. It seems it has a 60Hz refresh rate, so no more than that.
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrogamingpc 07/09/23, 06:30 am

Ok, I connected the PC to a computer monitor and it works as it should so this is good, I noticed the monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 with a 60Hz refresh rate. I moved back to the TV and I noticed the max refresh rate detected is 30hz. So in order to change it to 60Hz I had to lower the tv resolution from 4K to 1920x1080 then I was able to change the rate to 60Hz. After this the games are playing normally. Is your TV using 4K resolution with 60Hz?
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 07/09/23, 07:23 am

Hello,

My tv does 60hz @4k

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrogamingpc 07/09/23, 02:11 pm

Ok, thanks for your help I will keep the tv with this resolution then. How do I change this topic to RESOLVED or close it?
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 07/09/23, 02:27 pm

What is the make and model of your TV ?
Maybe some hdmi entry or a different port entry could allow 4k at 60hz...

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrogamingpc 08/09/23, 04:31 pm

It is a TCL 43S525. It should display 4k 60Hz but now I need to check something else, I’m using a Displayport to HDMI adapter and It looks like this adapter supports up to 4K 30Hz only. I’m looking for another adapter or a cable with 60Hz. I might get one today.
Retrogamingpc
Retrogamingpc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down