RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help!

2 posters

Go down

Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help! Empty Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help!

Post by monkeybrains2001 12/09/23, 05:42 pm

Hey guys just wanted to talk about a couple of problems I suddenly got the second day of using RetroBat.
The first day was great, I setup everything and even installed a couple of games for various systems(ps1,ps2,n64) and they worked flawlessly.
However the second day I got into some unexpected trouble while trying to run any games(I'll insert the exact image I get while trying to get into the games).

The main message I get is ''an error occurred-the type initializer for emulatorlauncher.tools.sdlgamecontroller threw and exception''.
I was confused by this and tried every possible sdl option in the BatGui app, heck I even installed the newest SDL2.dll from github.
And I even deleted my input and downloaded the new es_input file from your site.That also didn't solve the issue.
By the way I'm using a standard ps4 controller which worked fine yesterday, played crash bandicoot and tekken without any problems, the controls worked fine and I can still use the controller in the main menu, the problem occurs when I try to load up a game.

I have the latest version of retrobat installed and I installed all of the visual c runtimes including directx.
My PC setup is: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8- core 16 - threads
                      Memory: 16GB DDR4
                      GPU: RX 5600 XT 6GB
Note: I installed this on a 128gb 3.0 usb stick just so it's portable, maybe it will be an useful bit of information!
Thanks in advance.
Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help! Snimka11
monkeybrains2001
monkeybrains2001

Back to top Go down

Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help! Empty Re: Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help!

Post by tartifless 12/09/23, 08:29 pm

Hello,

Can you send us the file emulatorlauncher.log (located in the emulationstation folder of your retrobat installation) ?

Also try to run without any gamepad connected (nor guns, or wheels or wiimotes).

Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help! Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

monkeybrains2001 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help! Empty Re: Problems with SDL.dll and random error occuring,help!

Post by monkeybrains2001 12/09/23, 09:46 pm

Hey,

So I tried running it without my gamepad or anything and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't? I really dont know, you should check out my log and you'll see everything I tried doing.

I seem to have found a solution, I just copied my usb retrobat folders to my pc and now the games that worked work, the ones that don't probably my fault(bios or faulty rom), so back to the old ways I guess.

One note if I might add: I converted my usb from fat32 to ntfs because I had to add a rom which was more than 4gb,and after I converted my usb stick the problems began to happen.
Anyways I'll send you the log, good luck and thanks for the system,nice job!
monkeybrains2001
monkeybrains2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down