RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations?

3 posters

Go down

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? Empty How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations?

Post by RustyMG 14/09/23, 08:00 pm

Hi all,
Long long time user of Recalbox, and a regular helper on their Discord, but Im now dipping my toe into Retrobat on PC due to the newer systems it supports.

Ive made my own overlays for most of the systems on Recalbox, but Ive no idea of how to get them to work on Retrobat.
Ive had a look at the wiki and on this forum, but cant find anything.

On Recalbox, using the NDS as an example, in the Recalbox/overlays/nds folder, Id have the "nds.png" file, then the usual 2 config files, ie "nds.cfg" (which contains the screen res, and the X and Y co-ords of the transparent section & how large it is etc) and "nds_overlay.cfg" (which details the name of the png file to display as the overlay), but I just cant figure out how they work on Retrobat - can someone help or point me in the right direction ?
Many thanks How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? 1f44d
RustyMG
RustyMG

Back to top Go down

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? Empty Re: How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations?

Post by getupor 14/09/23, 10:02 pm

Hello, and welcome here. Nice to ear that you try that new experience with us.
Concerning your request, does this page of the wiki can help you ?
https://wiki.retrobat.org/advanced-features/decorations-and-bezels

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? Empty Re: How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations?

Post by Lorenzolamas 15/09/23, 12:23 am

Hi,

Welcome to the Retrobat baord.

Please, choose an avatar.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyMG 15/09/23, 01:44 pm

getupor wrote:Hello, and welcome here. Nice to ear that you try that new experience with us.
Concerning your request, does this page of the wiki can help you ?
https://wiki.retrobat.org/advanced-features/decorations-and-bezels

Hi,
Unfortunately no, it does not.
If I for example, wished to replace the SNES bezel that retrobat uses, where is the SNES.cfg and SNES.png file located (is there a 3rd file too?)
If I could find those files, I could open the cfg file and work out how the data is used to display it on screen.
RustyMG
RustyMG

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 15/09/23, 06:18 pm

Have a look on
\system\decorations\
You can try by copying a folder, change the name in order that you recognise your folder when you will be in the RetroBat menu, then adapt your decoration eg: \system\decorations\*mydecoration*\systems\

How do I add custom bezels / overlays / decorations? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down