RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom path for saves and save states?

3 posters

Go down

Custom path for saves and save states? Empty Custom path for saves and save states?

Post by GeekRhapsody 02/10/23, 03:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Just in the process of setting up RetroBat, and i'm having trouble configuring it's version of RetroArch, quite a lot of options i'm familiar with are missing. Most importantly, I cannot define where the saves and save states are going to be. What configuration file is this controlled in RetroBat? Is it possible to define a states folder separate to the saves one? By default both things end up mixed in the same folder, so I cannot sync saves between this RetroArch and the RetroArch that I use in other machines.
GeekRhapsody
GeekRhapsody

Back to top Go down

Custom path for saves and save states? Empty Re: Custom path for saves and save states?

Post by tartifless 02/10/23, 04:54 pm

Hello,

This is not possible, Retrobat forces the retrobat\saves directory.

Also all configuration is done from within Retrobat, it must not be done in Retroarch.
Finally this is not controlled by a file in Retrobat but by the program itself, so it's coded and cannot be changed.

Custom path for saves and save states? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Custom path for saves and save states? Empty Re: Custom path for saves and save states?

Post by getupor 02/10/23, 05:03 pm

But could it be possible that he create a symlink from his Retroarch save folder to the Retrobat one ?

Custom path for saves and save states? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekRhapsody 02/10/23, 05:18 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello,

This is not possible, Retrobat forces the retrobat\saves directory.

Also all configuration is done from within Retrobat, it must not be done in Retroarch.
Finally this is not controlled by a file in Retrobat but by the program itself, so it's coded and cannot be changed.

Is there any workaround to this at all? Within RetroBat or outside? Otherwise sharing saves between a RetroBat system and a normal RetroArch system needs to be painfully manual.
GeekRhapsody
GeekRhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down