RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saves in cloud storage?

2 posters

Go down

Saves in cloud storage? Empty Saves in cloud storage?

Post by Homie-G 15/12/20, 12:58 am

Hi, nice to meet everyone. I'm using Retrobat in my PC, laptop and Windows tablet and it's great. Thanks for everything.

The matter is I'd like to have my saved games shared between devices so I could keep playing in any of them.

The obvious solution was changing saves location to any folder in my OneDrive, but I can't get it because changes under Retroarch settings are not saved due to EmuStation config. I also found the archive 'setup.info', which aims to \Retrobat\saves folder. By changing that value for a directory in my Hard Drive I had no result neither; saves didn't go there for some reason Sad

Note: I should add my Retrobat is installed on an external HDD because my roms collection is huge and I like to move it between computers.

I hope you can give me some hints about this question.

Cheers.

Homie-G
Homie-G

Kayl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Saves in cloud storage? Empty Re: Saves in cloud storage?

Post by Kayl 15/12/20, 07:43 pm

Hello,

I haven't tested this by myself, but I guess you can get what you need by creating symbolic links.

- Open a terminal as administrator and type this command:

Code:
mklink /D <link> <target>

So I see something like this as example:
Code:
C:\> mklink /D "c:\RetroBat\saves" "c:\Users\YourUserName\OneDrive\RetroBat\saves"

The target folder must not exist to get this command working, but it does exist in a regular RetroBat installation, so you just need to cut (CTRL+X) and paste (CTRL+V) your RetroBat saves folder to the OneDrive location before typing this command.

Saves in cloud storage? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down