RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs Empty [RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs

Post by Carcayu 25/11/23, 02:00 pm

Hello all! I have a similar problem that some of you have: it seems that theres a focus problem with retrobat, so I have to put alt+tab in my pc to allow inputs. I use Windows 11 and a dualsense controller with ds4windows software.

No matter If It is at the beggining or just clicking in the link in the desktop

I have tried all the things I have seen here:

Disable start programs
Trying to start It as a task
Execute It as admin and force fullscreen
Etc.

The funny thing is It never happens if a just execute emulationstation. The problem dissapear.

I have tried to execute at the beggining emulationstation, but It does not start. And I dont think it is because It have to run retrobat exe before: if I manually execute emulationstation at the start, It works.

Any sugesstion? Thanks in advance!
Carcayu
Carcayu

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs

Post by tartifless 25/11/23, 02:42 pm

Hello,
There is a known windows 11 issue with explorer.exe regarding focus when starting a program via batch/command line.

So the only solution for now is indeed to run directly emulationstation.exe to solve this.

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 25/11/23, 03:12 pm

If your PC is not dedicated to retrobat, as would be an arcade terminal. Then use a batch to launch retrobat.exe and kill explorer.exe at the same time, and a wait on the station.exe emulation executable to wait for it to close before restarting explorer.exe.

If it's a dedicated , use Windows strategies to run retrobat.exe instead of explorer.exe.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcayu 26/11/23, 03:56 pm

Aynshe wrote:If your PC is not dedicated to retrobat, as would be an arcade terminal. Then use a batch to launch retrobat.exe and kill explorer.exe at the same time, and a wait on the station.exe emulation executable to wait for it to close before restarting explorer.exe.

If it's a dedicated , use Windows strategies to run retrobat.exe instead of explorer.exe.

Mmm, Ill try that. Thanks a lot!

Just one question: Ive tried before to substitute Explorer.exe with retrobat.exe with no results (maybe I did It wrong).

So, the question is: what is the advantage of using retrobat.exe as Launcher instead of emulationstation.exe?

Thanks you both for your help!
Carcayu
Carcayu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 26/11/23, 04:59 pm

to replace it with retrobat (explorer.exe can still be run from the task manager): C:\Windows\system32\gpedit.msc

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs MqtYqX2

For temporary work while waiting for retrobat to be closed:

For exemple :
Code:
@echo off

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

retrobat.exe

set "emulatorProcess=emulationstation.exe"

:CHECK_PROCESS
tasklist /fi "imagename eq %emulatorProcess%" | findstr /i /c:"%emulatorProcess%" > nul
if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
    timeout /nobreak /t 5 > nul
    goto :CHECK_PROCESS
)

start explorer.exe
exit /b 0

So, the question is: what is the advantage of using retrobat.exe as Launcher instead of emulationstation.exe?
Because he's worth it!... cheers  otherwise, i don't know, it must be useful for something otherwise it wouldn't exist.
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcayu 27/11/23, 12:28 am

Aynshe wrote:to replace it with retrobat (explorer.exe can still be run from the task manager): C:\Windows\system32\gpedit.msc

[RESOLVED] Retrobat no inputs MqtYqX2

For temporary work while waiting for retrobat to be closed:

For exemple :
Code:
@echo off

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

retrobat.exe

set "emulatorProcess=emulationstation.exe"

:CHECK_PROCESS
tasklist /fi "imagename eq %emulatorProcess%" | findstr /i /c:"%emulatorProcess%" > nul
if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
    timeout /nobreak /t 5 > nul
    goto :CHECK_PROCESS
)

start explorer.exe
exit /b 0

Because he's worth it!... cheers  otherwise, i don't know, it must be useful for something otherwise it wouldn't exist.

Thanks a lot! It worked like a charm!
Carcayu
Carcayu

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down