RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading

2 posters

Go down

Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading Empty Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading

Post by fede999 02/12/23, 08:06 pm

Hi

I'm trying to get X68000 emulation up and running using .hdf files, but the emulator would only boot floppy disk files.

If I start an hdf image from the frontend, the last successfully booted floppy image gets booted up instead.

When I access the disk swapping menu, the hdf file is shown correctly mounted into the HDD0 drive, along with a floppy image in the FDD0 drive.

If I eject the floppy disk image, leavning only the hdf image, and reset the emulator from the disk swapping screen, I get an error message and the emulator crashes.

.hdf files are shown as compatible in BatGui and they work fine in RetroArch in all my Batocera/Emuelec builds.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong.
fede999
fede999

Back to top Go down

Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading Empty Re: Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading

Post by getupor 02/12/23, 08:12 pm

Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading Empty Re: Sharp X68000 emulation - hdf files not loading

Post by fede999 02/12/23, 08:48 pm

A .m3u containing the .hdf path just won't work: the emulator somehow starts, but shows some error message in Japanese on the main screen and the .hdf file is shown as mounted on the FDD0 floppy drive, which obviously doesn't work.
Again, ejecting anything from FDD0, mounting the hard disk image on HDD0 and resetting just crashes the emulator.

.m3u files with floppy images might work (they probably will), but my whole X68000 collection is in .hdf files (and works out of the box in Batocera and Emuelec). So this is not what I'm trying to do.
fede999
fede999

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 02/12/23, 08:59 pm

The only 2 .hdf games that i got are 1 disk only...
i got .xdf, they seems to work with .m3u. Have you try to play with hotkey for disk control ?
If you need, you can also use the translator tool included in retroarch with another hotkey

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fede999 09/12/23, 03:40 pm

I managed to remove the default floppy disk image I always found loaded by accessing the ingame Retroarch menu and disabling "save FDD path", but still no .hdf file would load

I even tried using an .m3u file to load the .hdf, but to no avail.

Neither of the disk swap hotkeys work: nor the px68k switch (activated by pressing L2 on my joypad) nor the Disc Control options via Retroarch menu.
Whenever I load an image onto the HDD0, the emulator would crash back to the frontend menu.

Are you sure .hdf is a file format supported by this build of RetroBat? Because I can't really think of another way to load those files or to further change the core configuration.

Has anybody else managed to get an .hdf game to work?
fede999
fede999

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 09/12/23, 04:00 pm

Which RetroBat version are you using ? The V5.3 (to be sure crash don't come from an older version).

With RetroBat V6 (actually in beta) we have add a new emulator : xm6pro.
Maybe you got more luck with ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fede999 09/12/23, 04:47 pm

getupor wrote:Which RetroBat version are you using ? The V5.3 (to be sure crash don't come from an older version).

With RetroBat V6 (actually in beta) we have add a new emulator : xm6pro.
Maybe you got more luck with ?

I tried the public beta and both emulators work fine out of the box with hdf files. XM6 Pro is a great emulator, having XM6 Type G would be a dream come true Very Happy

However, I probably managed to solve the issue.

I went on installing RetroBat V5.3 from scratch on my main PC and used an older version of the x68k Bios files I had laying around and...it worked!

So I copied that very same keropi folder onto my current mini-pc build and voilà, it works. The issue was probably caused by some non valid or corrupted bios file. I still haven't managed to get all the games running, but at least the emulator doesn't crash now.
fede999
fede999

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down