RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat?

2 posters

Go down

Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat? Empty Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat?

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 05:58 pm

Hello all,

I use the tronkyfran theme at the below address. I originally chose/ installed this theme from the default list in retrobat. 

I noticed he has updated the theme to include more systems. I tried to copy-paste all of his information on his repo into the proper location within the retrobat directory but for whatever reason, the same systems still don't have a background. (Lightgun, wii u etc.)

Can someone give me some thoughts on if this should be doable and possibly what I am doing wrong. The copy-paste approach didn't seem to work.

https://github.com/HerbFargus/es-theme-tronkyfran/tree/master
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat? Empty Re: Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat?

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 06:09 pm

I think I figure out what is going on here but I don't really know how to fix it. The dynamic collection is called "lightgun games" but the tronkyfran system name is "lightgun". 

The question I now have is, is there a way to use the "lightgun" system image etc. for the "lightgun games" emulation station system menu (or I believe it is called a dynamic collection, just like "last played", "all games" etc.

Thank you all for any guidance you can give on this situation.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat? Empty Re: Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat?

Post by getupor 28/12/23, 06:48 pm

Hello
You should try to look at the Carbon theme, and refer to system names used there, to adapt your.
Because this theme is created originally for Retropie, and even F.Caruso have maintain the compatibility for older ES version, some systems where adapted or created in-between.

Anyway to get an updated theme from a repository working with Retrobat? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 06:49 pm

@getupor

Thank you for this idea. I will begin with this.

Thank you again!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down