RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile.

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile. Empty [RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile.

Post by kairi033 27/01/24, 04:22 am

Hi,

First of all, I just want to say thank you for to the developers of this amazing frontend. I am new to Retrobat and so far, so good. My only hiccup right now is after making a custom controller profile and custom hotkeys for Duckstation (in Duckstation UI), I can't load/choose this inside Retrobat. When I run a game, the global setting is chosen by default.

I know that I can choose the custom controller profile within the Duckstation UI -> gamelist > right click > properties > input and choose but it would be nice if I can do this within Retrobat's UI to eliminate the use of mouse and keyboard for setting up. is this possible? Or did I just overlook options in Retrobat?

Thank you.
kairi033
kairi033

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile.

Post by tartifless 27/01/24, 07:48 am

Hello,

This is not possible, but why not using the autoconfiguration from Retrobat ?

[RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile. Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Duckstation + Custom Controller and Hotkeys profile.

Post by kairi033 27/01/24, 09:46 am

thank you for clarifying. About auto configuration, what does it exactly do? can you please elaborate? sorry English is not my native language but I'll try to really understand.

thank you.
kairi033
kairi033

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 27/01/24, 09:50 am

Hello,

By default, retrobat configures duckstation automatically, including the controllers and hotkeys.
This happens each time you run a game from Retrobat.

You cannot disable general auto configuration, but you can disable the controller autoconfiguration, normally it should also disable hotkeys autoconfiguration

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kairi033 28/01/24, 05:56 pm

hello,

question, when you say 1) general auto config does it mean when I press start button while in main screen of retrobat? 2.) when you say "can disable the controller" does it mean per-system setting (press select) or per game setting (hold A)?

on the other hand, I was able to circumvent this by modifying the settings.ini inside duckstation (retrobat>emulators>duckstation>settings.ini) to my liking including the hotkeys and viola, now every game I load uses the global settings including the controller and hotkeys without changing any settings in retrobat.
kairi033
kairi033

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 30/01/24, 07:08 am

Hello
1 > Explanation are here
2 > yes, per systems setting is the more adapted on that way

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kairi033 03/02/24, 06:00 pm

thanks for the help I finally understand it and everything is working as intended.

thank you.
kairi033
kairi033

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down