RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller

2 posters

Go down

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller Empty Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller

Post by synic 03/09/23, 12:21 am

I'm kind of at a loss with what to do at this point.

If I use any other emulator than Duckstation, my 8BitDo Pro2 controller works fine. If I use Duckstation though, the only buttons that work is select and start (so I can exit the emulator).
I'm sure there's something I need to do, but I'm not sure what it is. I've made sure my controller is set to X-Input, if that helps.
I'm also using the latest version of Retrobat.
synic
synic

Back to top Go down

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller Empty Re: Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller

Post by tartifless 03/09/23, 02:10 am

Hello,

We have exactly the same controller and it works very fine by me...

What version of duckstation are you using ?

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller Empty Re: Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller

Post by synic 03/09/23, 03:19 am

It's 0.1-5485-gc6a57273 (dev)

Do I need to configure the controller in Duckstation at all, or will Retrobat take care of it all?
synic
synic

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 03/09/23, 09:31 am

Not if you use the duckstation version provided with Retrobat.
However, if you use a more recent build of duckstation, we cannot guarantee that the integration will work.

We did not test the latest duckstation build to check if controller autoconfiguration still works.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 03/09/23, 06:03 pm

synic wrote:It's 0.1-5485-gc6a57273 (dev)

Do I need to configure the controller in Duckstation at all, or will Retrobat take care of it all?

Ok, i just tested right now duckstation with a 8bitdo pro2 controller, and controls work fine with both modes: XInput and Switch.

Can you send us your retrobat\emulators\duckstation\settings.ini file after a launch with RetroBat ?
And a second version of the same file after gaving configured the controller yourself in the emulator directly ?

Additional question: do you have Steam running ?

Duckstation doesn't recognize controller inputs 8BitDo Pro2 Controller Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by synic 06/09/23, 04:44 am

So it was silly. I had to manually select my Pro2 controller as P1's controller and then it worked fine.

Thank you so much for your help.
synic
synic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down