RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro Empty [RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 02:43 pm

Hello there everybody!!

Someone knows how to correct configure the controllers to run atari 800 games and his variants, using a xbox one or xbox 360 controller?

I've searched a lot and did'nt find any conclusive answer to this!

Last edited by Neoguto on 04/02/24, 03:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neoguto
Neoguto

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro

Post by Lorenzolamas 04/02/24, 03:28 pm

Still no "Hello" ?

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Neoguto likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Controller problems on Atari 8-bit games using atari800 libretro

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 03:34 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Still no "Hello" ?

Sorry, I always put some greetings, that's the first time I forgot. 🥹
Neoguto
Neoguto

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 04/02/24, 03:38 pm

I didn't understand your problem.

can you give more details?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Neoguto likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 03:49 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:I didn't understand your problem.

can you give more details?

Well, I run any atari 800 game from retrobat, and none of my controllers or keyboard works in game.

And the retroarch menu opens automatically everytime the games loads, with any atari 800 game, I'm using the atari800 libretro to run the games.

And sometimes, after I close the menu (not even in retroarch menu the controllers or keyboard works, only mouse) I can't open the retroarch menu with F1 again, or quit game with Esc.

I need to do a Alt+tab and close it manually.

So, the problem isn't only in game, is even on retroarch menus.
And that was I didn't understand, cause in aaaaall the others systems this wotks fine, even the dosbox games.

Last edited by Neoguto on 04/02/24, 04:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neoguto
Neoguto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 04/02/24, 03:52 pm

VERY strange !

what button did you use for the hotkey?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Neoguto likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 04:15 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:VERY strange !

what button did you use for the hotkey?

Yeah, reeeeeaaaally strange.
And I take a look on retroarch coore options, and everithing is normal on atari800 session.

On keyboard F1, on controllers select or back + button 3 (Y or triangle).
Neoguto
Neoguto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 04/02/24, 04:18 pm

Y for ?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Neoguto likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 04:32 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Y for ?

Y on xbox one S controller, using (X,Y,A.B) and triangle on DS4 or DS3 controllers, to open the retroarch menu in game.
The hotkey on controler is select or back.... but to open the menu I use + button 3.

But, how I said.... the menu opens automatically, but nothing works on that menu or in game
I need to click in continue with mouse and almost the times, I can,t open the retroarch menu again.
Neoguto
Neoguto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 04/02/24, 04:35 pm

i'have no problem with my xbox 360 controller.

Reset the gamepad config with BatGui.exe (SDL selector menu)

Restart retrobat, config your gamepad and retry.

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Neoguto likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neoguto 04/02/24, 04:41 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:i'have no problem with my xbox 360 controller.

Reset the gamepad config with BatGui.exe (SDL selector menu)

Restart retrobat, config your gamepad and retry.

Gonna try that, cause is very strange it only happens on Atari 800 games.

And my DS4 and DS3 controllers are emulating X360 controllers with DS4Windows, and my Xone S controller (bluetooth) have the same problem on then.

Didn't undertand why it  happens.

Come back here soon.

Thanks. plus1

EDIT: Problem solved!!!! cheers cheers

I changed the the Controller option do xinput on drivers menu on retrobat,and Input option on retroarch to dinput on drivers menu, and it works perfectly.

I use SDL before, cause I have a bluetooth controller to play on Android phones and sometimes use it on PC too, my bad. Embarassed
Neoguto
Neoguto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down