RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retrobat is not the active window on startup.

2 posters

Go down

Retrobat is not the active window on startup.  Empty Retrobat is not the active window on startup.

Post by thisisjay Thu 22 Feb - 19:06

I am using a PC in an arcade cabinet and it works pretty well but I found one huge rub.

When Retrobat first starts, even if set to start with Windows, the screen does not appear to be active unless I CLICK on it. Hugely inconvenient for a PC running inside of an arcade cabinet.

I have played with all of the Windows settings for launching Retrobat and the full screen settings in Retrobat GUI and nothing has resolved the issue.

I did finally find at least a workaround, but its not perfect. I just set Retrobat.exe as the Windows shell and voila! the Retrobat window is active and the controls work without having to click on the screen.

The not perfect part making changes to the system. I can start explorer from the task manager, but no taskbar, which makes it a little difficult to get to most of the settings. Oh well. I guess I'll just keep explorer the shell until I am done setting the system up, but if I need to go back later on I will have to switch it back. PITA.

Why a full screen program, even when started with Windows, is not an active window by default is a heavy mystery.
thisisjay
thisisjay

Back to top Go down

Retrobat is not the active window on startup.  Empty Re: Retrobat is not the active window on startup.

Post by FiveOver014 Thu 22 Feb - 19:47

This similar topic has a work around in it... Hope this helps!

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t2006-resolved-focus-window-issue-on-boot-up
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down