RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder

3 posters

Go down

Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder Empty Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder

Post by Espaider 26/02/24, 07:58 pm

Hi there,

I can not download any themes or scrape any games if retrobat is intalled in my E:\Retrobat folder.
If I rename that folder to any other name it works flawlessly.

Have tried deleting the folder, reinstalling.... I don't know what else to do. Any ideas ?

Espaider
Espaider

Back to top Go down

Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder Empty Re: Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder

Post by getupor 26/02/24, 11:15 pm

Hello
You could check you disk health, or writing rights, because there is no technical reason with RetroBat mechanism that can act like that.

Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder Empty Re: Cant scrape or download themes in Retrobat folder

Post by Espaider 27/02/24, 08:15 am

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I think the problem is something different.
I can:

- delete retrobat folder completely.
- reinstall from scratch retrobat and let the installer create the retrobat folder.

Theme downloader and scraper dont work.

BUT

If I change the name of the folder to anything different, everything is fine. No need to reinstall.
There must be something like a registry entry for EmulationStation that I can not find.
Espaider
Espaider

Back to top Go down

Post by FiveOver014 27/02/24, 11:06 pm

What directory are you installing it in?

It should be in a directory like the following

C:\Retrobat

D:\Retrobat

or something similar... you need the main "Retrobat" folder for all the files to be installed in.
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Back to top Go down