RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat?

2 posters

Go down

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? Empty Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat?

Post by drylightn 13/06/23, 07:25 am

Hi all! I've made the decision to switch from my retropie setup to Retrobat on a Windows PC. Much, much easier to administer and get running so far. As I try to migrate all my content over, I do have a question regarding Retrobat themes. I had a theme that I really liked on the pie, called "pixel" which you can see in the repository here: https://github.com/RetroPie/es-theme-pixel/tree/master

I've attached a sample screenshot here as well:

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? XyOYnGA

Do these themes work automatically if i copy them over to the RB install? Or do they have to be tweaked a ton to make them work? Does anyone know if this theme has a RB version?

thanks!
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? Empty Re: Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat?

Post by getupor 13/06/23, 08:14 am

Hello again.

As Retropie is based on an older EmulationStation version, the basis are the same. So yes, it will works without any changes.
BTW, there will be 2 points :
- as Retrobat as more system than Retropie, you will get some systems that will appear black. So you will have to "create" them if you can (keeping the same structure that the existing folders, but with the name of the systems.
- Our ES version is 100% compatible with the Retropie one, but the reverse isn't true. So it means that there is a lot of theme effect that you can use, that not exist in your theme. BTW it's not relevant, if you like it like that.

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? 2023-042

Edit : Pixel theme, for who want to have a look :

Last edited by getupor on 13/06/23, 06:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : youtube link)

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? Empty Re: Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat?

Post by drylightn 13/06/23, 02:57 pm

Great, good to hear! I'll give the theme an install and see how it goes! Thanks @getupor for taking the time to respond.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 13/06/23, 03:01 pm

drylightn wrote:Thanks

NP cheers

You can also have a look on the other themes, some are directly available from Retrobat (on the menu download).

PS : think about adding an avatar Wink

Do Retropie ES Themes work on Retrobat? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 13/06/23, 05:34 pm

@getupor But that default avatar looked EXACTLY like me Wink And yeah, I tried some of the other themes, but I like the clean retro simplicity of the pixels look. I may revisit some of the others tho.
drylightn
drylightn

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down