RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat !

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! Empty [RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat !

Post by magimat 02/03/24, 04:49 am

Hi,

I'm trying to make my arcade buttons kit working in retrobat and so far, I can't figure it out.

My controller is a cheap  EG-START kit from amazon. It's all working very well in windows and even inside retrobat, it is detected and I can configure mapping in the retrobat menu, but when I launch a NES game for example, I get a warning saying "G-shark GP-702 (3/0) not configured, using fallback"

I guess somehow, the emulator can't get the mappings from retrobat for my controller and since it defaults, it kinda works, but everything is messed up (wrong buttons mapping and not all buttons working)

I tried configuring using retroarch menu (F1) while in game, but no luck this way either.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now!  Really annoying, because I tried launching the same NES game through launchbox and everything works just fine, so I know my controller is ok, but retrobat can't seem to pass the correct mappings for it to the emulator.

Any idea?
magimat
magimat

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat !

Post by tartifless 02/03/24, 07:35 am

Hello,
What happens if you change the input driver in retrobat for dinput for example ?

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat !

Post by magimat 02/03/24, 01:33 pm

How can I do that?
magimat
magimat

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 02/03/24, 01:39 pm

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 02/03/24, 01:39 pm

Hello

From the RetroBat menu at first

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! 2024-026

[RESOLVED] Controller not working, only in retrobat ! 2024-025

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by magimat 02/03/24, 01:50 pm

Ok, I just tried all the input drivers and it's not working any better Sad I always get this "G-shark GP-702 (3/0) not configured, using fallback" message when i start a game.

It really annoys me, because the controller is detected in retrobat itself and I can do the mapping just right, it just doesn't seem to pass the mapping to the emulator.
magimat
magimat

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 02/03/24, 01:53 pm

Don't take care of this message. As far as it works, this message isn't important.
But have to make it work. Have you try with a simple system (like SNES for exemple)

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by magimat 02/03/24, 02:06 pm

It works !

Thanks a lot for this last comment about trying a basic system. I was actually doing this by doing all my test on NES with the most basic Super Mario game, but apparently, this was my problem!

I tried a SNES game like mentioned and all was working, than another NES game and it was also working...

Redownloaded my Super Mario rom and now it also works!

So I guess I lost all this time because of a bad rom !!!  The one I was using was labeled (World) and I'm now using (USA). Don't know the difference, but now my controller works just fine. Even the undefined message is gone.

Thanks everyone!
magimat
magimat

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 02/03/24, 02:18 pm

You can try again with the (World) one, it will work also.
The issue you had is that you were stopping when seeing the message.

It might also be that you have a specific config file for that rom, as retroarch can save specific mapping per game.
Look in emulators\retroarch\config\remaps

I have the world mario nes rom and no issue with controls.

The message and mapping is not rom dependent, it works with launchbox as you wrote.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down