RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folder use in game list issue - some consoles don't see roms in subfolders

2 posters

Go down

Folder use in game list issue - some consoles don't see roms in subfolders Empty Folder use in game list issue - some consoles don't see roms in subfolders

Post by brwilberding 17/06/24, 06:16 pm

Hello All!

I am currently 'fixing' my build that I have used Sub Folders in the /roms directory to be able to have my RomHacks and Demos. This is working great for the most part, except one system (PSX) is not reading roms (.chd) in subfolders.

My directory structure is as follows:

SNES:
\Roms\SNES\SNES RomHacks

Within \SNES RomHacks - I have subfolders to help organize:

\Zelda
\Metroid
\Super Mario World

These all function properly and I can see the roms within the directories as I would expect.

I have done this with PSX and Demos - but RetroBat will only see the .chds within the first subdirectory.

Example:

\roms\psx\Demos ---> if I put .chds here, this works and are displayed

\roms\psx\Demos\PlayStation Underground --> demos (.chds) in this directory are not showin in the UI. (If I move these .chds to the \roms\psx\Demos directory - they show as expected)

Not sure what is different that isn't allowing the PSX directories to populate. This isn't a deal breaker - but wasn't sure if this is a known limitation
brwilberding
brwilberding

Back to top Go down

Folder use in game list issue - some consoles don't see roms in subfolders Empty Help on subfolders

Post by starbuck 01/07/24, 05:25 am

brwilberding wrote:Hello All!

I am currently 'fixing' my build that I have used Sub Folders in the /roms directory to be able to have my RomHacks and Demos. This is working great for the most part, except one system (PSX) is not reading roms (.chd) in subfolders.

My directory structure is as follows:

SNES:
\Roms\SNES\SNES RomHacks

Within \SNES RomHacks - I have subfolders to help organize:

\Zelda
\Metroid
\Super Mario World

These all function properly and I can see the roms within the directories as I would expect.

I have done this with PSX and Demos - but RetroBat will only see the .chds within the first subdirectory.

Example:

\roms\psx\Demos ---> if I put .chds here, this works and are displayed

\roms\psx\Demos\PlayStation Underground --> demos (.chds) in this directory are not showin in the UI. (If I move these .chds to the \roms\psx\Demos directory - they show as expected)

Not sure what is different that isn't allowing the PSX directories to populate. This isn't a deal breaker - but wasn't sure if this is a known limitation

This exactly what i want to do. But very confused. I make the sub folder. Put games under it and they don't show up. Any help won't be greatly appreciated.
starbuck
starbuck

Back to top Go down