RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add WiiU games?

2 posters

Go down

How to add WiiU games? Empty How to add WiiU games?

Post by iamadrunkguy 30/12/20, 04:46 am

How do I add WiiU games? I add them in roms/wiiu/game name but retrobat sees them as two games for some reason. Maybe it sees the game update as another game? Pllus the name is wrong. I have added them in cemu and they run fine. I would also need to add art/video/ etc... but I can search on that later once I correctly add games correctly. Thanks !!
iamadrunkguy
iamadrunkguy

Back to top Go down

How to add WiiU games? Empty Re: How to add WiiU games?

Post by XpowerRon 30/12/20, 04:54 am

I have my files uncompressed in there own folders and my retrobat seen then as only 1 game
XpowerRon
XpowerRon

iamadrunkguy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by iamadrunkguy 30/12/20, 05:05 am

XpowerRon wrote:I have my files uncompressed in there own folders and my retrobat seen then as only 1 game
I'm scrapping  and starting over "fresh" to test. Maybe I messed something up moving files over.

EDIT: I can see the game but it says unable to load..... replacing cemu with fresh one just in case.

Last edited by iamadrunkguy on 30/12/20, 05:28 am; edited 1 time in total
iamadrunkguy
iamadrunkguy

Back to top Go down

Post by XpowerRon 30/12/20, 05:14 am

If your files are ?????.WCX the wcx isn't seen in the config if you uncompress the WCX file it will show the files in either RPX or WUD

make the game a folder

example

Super Mario Maker
then take all the uncompress files and folders and move them to the Super Mario Maker folder
then move that folder into the \roms\wiiu\
delete your gamelist.xml and let it rescan you should then only see the game 1 time
XpowerRon
XpowerRon

Back to top Go down

Post by iamadrunkguy 30/12/20, 06:05 am

XpowerRon wrote:If your files are ?????.WCX the wcx isn't seen in the config if you uncompress the WCX file it will show the files in either RPX or WUD

make the game a folder

example

Super Mario Maker  
then take all the uncompress files and folders and move them to the Super Mario Maker folder
then move that folder into the \roms\wiiu\
delete your gamelist.xml and let it rescan you should then only see the game 1 time

Thanks! One of the files  was wux, decompressed,  added to directory \roms\wiiu\game and it works great.  This is with a wud file. Also added a couple of rpx games and they worked great. The one giving me issues was a game that had a game update and I put them in the same folder, I'll have to figure that out later or exclude the  update, unless you can help with that as well and dlc? But for now I have a few on there working Thanks  again! Now to add art/videos ...
iamadrunkguy
iamadrunkguy

Back to top Go down

Post by XpowerRon 30/12/20, 06:12 am

No Problem glad i could help thats what we are all here for
XpowerRon
XpowerRon

Back to top Go down

Post by iamadrunkguy 30/12/20, 08:32 am

For others wondering installing updates and dlc is pretty straightforward in cemu 1.19.3. I could not find  anything but I didn't look longer than  20 min...
Once you put the game where it's supposed to go (see above) Run  the  game (not sure if needed but I did to be safe) close out and reopen cemu and Just click on  install update then when it's done, install dlc both by finding the meta.xml file, should be in update or dlc folder you downloaded. It installs in the correct location. I was confused and cemu kept telling me update was in wrong location.....until I noticed the tutorial I was using was from 2017 Mad Shocked
iamadrunkguy
iamadrunkguy

XpowerRon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down