RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it?

4 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it? Empty [RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it?

Post by Tapper 16/07/21, 05:31 am

UPDATE: so I can change PSX to use other shaders (i.e. crt-new-pixie, scanlines, enhanced etc.) but not curvature! Very strange.

How can I fix that? I prefer curvature shader. But if I set curvature it still keeps using crt-hyllian-3d.slangp!

---------------  Original post follows  --------------------

I have noticed when running PSX games they always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader.

Even if I change the shader in the ES PSX settings to another shader (i.e. curvature) it will still only use "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader. Even if I change the driver to gl, vulkan, d3d etc.

I also tried using a different core like PSXrearmed but it still only uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang."

How can I change this? I tried loading another shader directly in Retroarch and saved it for that core, but after exiting to ES and returning, it still uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tapper
Tapper

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it?

Post by Lorenzolamas 16/07/21, 07:40 am

but where do you select the shader? it should not be done from Retroarch, the settings are made from Retrobat.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it?

Post by Tapper 17/07/21, 08:11 pm

Yes, thru Retrobat. It is set for curvature, but always uses crt-hyllian-3d.slangp.

I have tested this on a fresh Retrobat install and it is the same. So, I think there is a bug in Retrobat.
Tapper
Tapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 17/07/21, 09:24 pm

Crt-hyllian-3d is not available on Retrobat.

if you don't have curvature on the crt-new-pixie shader, try another video driver on PSX system.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tapper 18/07/21, 10:22 am

If one is using gl driver then crt-hyllian-3d.slangp is available, and is forced instead of "curvature" (crt-geom.slangp) in some emulators. PSX and Dreamcast, for example.

No matter what shader is set in Retrobat, if gl driver is used, and curvature shader is set, it ALWAYS will use crt-hyllian-3d.slangp. Very frustrating.

zfast and some others work normally. I think there is a bug somewhere in Retrobat when setting the curvature shader while using gl driver.
Tapper
Tapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 18/07/21, 12:12 pm

Hello,

If shader presets doesn't fit you, you can change the presets by editing rendering-defaults.yml in \system\shaders\configs\curvature, or by making you own.

Doesn't hesitate to make suggestion of shaders you want to see added to RetroBat.

Maybe we need to make some improvement, I'll take a look soon.

[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas and Veebster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Veebster 20/08/21, 10:26 am

Would it be possible to add misc/cocktail-cabinet shader it would be really useful. I tried to make my own default.yml but it doesn’t apply when I select it from the menu. Does it reference the retroarch shaders folder? Or is there another location I need to point to in the yml? Confirmed it works when I go into retroarch and set the shader manually.
Veebster
Veebster

Back to top Go down

Post by Veebster 20/08/21, 12:08 pm

Figured it out. The slangp file I made didn’t have the correct directory path for the slang shader. Corrected that and all working Smile[RESOLVED] PSX always uses "crt-hyllian-3d.slang" shader - can't change it? Image10[/url]
Veebster
Veebster

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down