RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators Empty [RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators

Post by Zoomer 29/11/23, 05:24 pm

Hello! I'm new to Retrobat so pardon the stupid questions.

I have several slangp shaders modified to my liking (using standalone retroarch facilities). It's a yet another crt thing, based on crt-advanced-guest. I've followed the Retrobat wiki guide and created necessary files to reference the corresponding shader files. They appeared in the Retrobat's menu as expected. I've set one of them to be the global shader, and I've also configured some systems with a specific variation (adding more brightness, activating either s-video, or composite filter, etc.).

Everything's fine for some systems, like Genesis, SNES, NES (with default emulators). However, the shader is not being applied when launching either Atari2600/5200/7800 games, GB/GBC games, PC-Engine games, maybe others. Everything is with default emulators too, no special configs anywhere. And even if I configure those systems on a per-system basis, my shaders aren't applying anyway.

At first, I thought this might have something to do with graphics backend. Like, Vulkan/Direct3D/OpenGL slangp conflicts or something. However, later I found a setting in the Retrobat's menus to expose all the menus of Retroarch. After that, I was able to go into 'quick menu' and load the shaders manually. Which it did without any problems (no core/content resets or anything).

So this leads me to thinking that there's some specific config parameters are not being passed to Retroarch properly.

However, If I choose any of the built-in Retrobat's shaders, they are indeed applied without issues to any aforementioned system.

I know, this is most likely not enough info. I'm ready to post config or logs to help better troubleshoot the issue. Where can I look for those, and what's most relevant in this case?
Zoomer
Zoomer

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators

Post by getupor 29/11/23, 05:58 pm

Hello
If you have read the wiki, you allready are on the right way !
In your case, if you edit your .slang with some additional tweak, do you save it to another name ?
If yes, if try to "call" that slang from the Retroarch menu, does it work ?
If not, you should start to have a look there.
If yes, you have to check better your .yml preset to call your slang

In any case, if you don't see the light, post some screens there 😉
getupor
getupor
Admin

Zoomer likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Custom slangp shader not loaded with some libretro emulators

Post by Zoomer 30/01/24, 11:58 am

Hi again! I'm so sorry for keeping this topic without an answer for so long! Went on to solving other issues with my collection and applying my own preferences, and totally forgot that I made this topic.

getupor, thank you so much for your suggestions.

Re-reading my op, I see that I was on a right track right from the start. My shader preset didn't want to work with OpenGL video driver. As soon as I switched the corresponding setting in the RetroBAT's ES shell, the configgen applied everything as intended and my shader preset started working.

I didn't go too deep into that as soon as it started working for me. However, I think this is due to config mismatch. The shader preset was my own-customized slang CRT royale, and RetroBAT by default selected the OpenGL driver for the systems I mentioned above. So, naturally, my slang shader wouldn't work with that. As soon as I forced Vulkan, the problem has disappeared.

I think, the topic could now be marked as 'Resolved' Smile
Zoomer
Zoomer

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down