RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any way to launch commands before and after running a given emulator or game?

2 posters

Go down

Is there any way to launch commands before and after running a given emulator or game? Empty Is there any way to launch commands before and after running a given emulator or game?

Post by tsellad 30/10/21, 10:46 am

Hello everyone.
I finally have retrobat working, after a little bit of thinkering and frustation but now I'm wondering this:
I'd like to launch DemulShooter, which allows to run two lightguns in emulator like DEMUL, Model2 or Dolphin.
Is there any setting on Retrobat, emulatorlauncher or EmulationStation that allows somethign like this?

Let's say I launch a game.
Then ES opens es_systems.cfg and launches this:
<command>%HOME%\emulatorLauncher.exe %CONTROLLERSCONFIG% -system %SYSTEM% -emulator %EMULATOR% -rom %ROM%</command>

What I'm looking is a way to do something like this:
<precommand> Launch DemulShooter</precommand>
<command>%HOME%\emulatorLauncher.exe %CONTROLLERSCONFIG% -system %SYSTEM% -emulator %EMULATOR% -rom %ROM%</command>
<postcommand>Kill DemulShooter on emulator exit and then return to retrobat</postcommand>

It's something similar to RocketLauncher's PCLauncher module with the PreLaunch and PostLaunch commands.

That will be an awesome feature for retrobat.

Cheers!
tsellad
tsellad

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to launch commands before and after running a given emulator or game? Empty Re: Is there any way to launch commands before and after running a given emulator or game?

Post by marcoabm 17/04/22, 10:43 pm

Hi, for now I think you can try running a .bat file in place of the emulator content, something like:
<command>%HOME\file.bat </command>
Remembering that in the bat file you will need to insert the emulator line that was inside the <command> tag, reading the content of the variables that it triggers.
marcoabm
marcoabm

Back to top Go down