RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install)

+2
getupor
LeongRJ
6 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install) Empty [RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install)

Post by LeongRJ 14/12/22, 05:55 pm

When my fresh Retrobat v5 launches a game for its very first time, the sound keeps playing in the background as the game runs (for example, the game video). I have to Alt+Tab twice to stop this.

Any thoughts?

Windows 10 Home
16gb RAM DDR4
RX570
Generic USB "PS2" controller

Last edited by LeongRJ on 15/12/22, 02:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeongRJ
LeongRJ

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install)

Post by getupor 14/12/22, 07:12 pm

Hello
Are you using some third party software for controller ?
Have you some additionnals material connected with USB ?

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install)

Post by LeongRJ 15/12/22, 01:49 am

getupor wrote:Hello
Are you using some third party software for controller ?
Have you some additionnals material connected with USB ?

An USB Headphone / Mic in frontal USB
USB keyboard, mouse and soundbar in a HUB
Controller I'm not sure, I've installed some drivers a long time ago

Retrobat 4 never showed this kind of behavior (installed on same system, different SSD)

EDIT

Retrobat 4 CURRENTLY installed in an 2TB HDD, working 100% fine
Retrobat 5 currently installed in the M2 SSD for tests.
LeongRJ
LeongRJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/12/22, 02:11 pm

Can you try to upgrade to SDL 2.26.1 ?
Download this file : https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/releases/download/release-2.26.1/SDL2-2.26.1-win32-x86.zip

Extract sdl2.dll and place it in your retrobat\emulationstation (it will replace the current 2.24 version).

And report back to us

[RESOLVED] GUI sound keeps playing in background when game is running (Fresh v5 install) Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

LeongRJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LeongRJ 15/12/22, 02:56 pm

tartifless wrote:Can you try to upgrade to SDL 2.26.1 ?
Download this file : https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/releases/download/release-2.26.1/SDL2-2.26.1-win32-x86.zip

Extract sdl2.dll and place it in your retrobat\emulationstation (it will replace the current 2.24 version).

And report back to us

This solution apparently solved the problem. Tested Genesis and NeoGeo games, no video/music playback on background during gameplay.

Thank you!
LeongRJ
LeongRJ

Back to top Go down

Post by henriquewicz 02/01/23, 08:05 pm

the solution of upgrade sdl to 2.26 not solved here... my use is a windows game (bat, calling singe.exe and opening hologram time traveler / mad dog - both games some problem)
henriquewicz
henriquewicz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 02/01/23, 08:07 pm

henriquewicz wrote:the solution of upgrade sdl to 2.26 not solved here... my use is a windows game (bat, calling singe.exe and opening hologram time traveler / mad dog - both games some problem)

Daphne (Laserdisc) on Retrobat with Singe don't work with .bat files.

https://wiki.retrobat.org/systems-and-emulators/supported-game-systems/arcade/daphne-laserdisc

Please stop using custom Retrobat build
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by henriquewicz 02/01/23, 08:58 pm

its a retrobat 5 fresh and standard install but i´ve using this way because until now i cant make the daphne works...so usign a bat and putting like a windows game to call singe the game opens... i will try more  "the right way" but its almost insane...never works for me. Sad
henriquewicz
henriquewicz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 02/01/23, 09:02 pm

Open a topic about your issue.

I think you are using a bad dump of the game...

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by retrojefolo 28/01/23, 12:02 am

I have the same problem (at least for one windows game).
I have version 5.1 upgraded today from version 5.0.
retrojefolo
retrojefolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down