RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound on video intro and music theme

3 posters

Go down

No sound on video intro and music theme Empty No sound on video intro and music theme

Post by marcoabm 10/05/22, 10:14 pm

Hi guys and girls, how are you doing? Y hope well Smile

After some time using/configuring/adjusting the emulators and games on my mini pc, all of a sudden the sound stopped working in the input videos and in the ES menu.
I checked and the sound and theme music are enabled, and game sound is normal, as usual.
I checked the sound configuration in retrobat and it is using directsound, as it was before.. I switched to xsound but nothing changed.. what could be happening?
marcoabm
marcoabm

Back to top Go down

No sound on video intro and music theme Empty Re: No sound on video intro and music theme

Post by getupor 10/05/22, 10:17 pm

Hello
Do you change some settings in-between ?
Up-to-date with windows drivers ?

No sound on video intro and music theme Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

No sound on video intro and music theme Empty Re: No sound on video intro and music theme

Post by marcoabm 11/05/22, 12:41 am

getupor wrote:Hello
Do you change some settings in-between ?
Up-to-date with windows drivers ?

Well as far as I can remember no, it has windows 11 which was formatted just before installing RetroBat, which was about 40-60 days ago, there were no windows updates that I noticed.. but i get all drivers and windows updated when i install OS.
After seeing your message I decided to check the system audio settings, and reset them. The audio format was 24 bits, 48000Hz, after resetting it went to 16bits, 48000Hz, but it didn't change the problem.

OBS: The audio is "mute" only in ES, in the rest of the system and in the games it is normal.
marcoabm
marcoabm

Back to top Go down

No sound on video intro and music theme Empty It is a retrobat 5 problem

Post by Nekratal 19/10/23, 11:06 am

marcoabm wrote:Hi guys and girls, how are you doing? Y hope well Smile

After some time using/configuring/adjusting the emulators and games on my mini pc, all of a sudden the sound stopped working in the input videos and in the ES menu.
I checked and the sound and theme music are enabled, and game sound is normal, as usual.
I checked the sound configuration in retrobat and it is using directsound, as it was before.. I switched to xsound but nothing changed.. what could be happening?

Hello, it is a Retrobat 5 problem, and if you want you can test it by installing Retrobat 4 somewhere else, so don't tell you that if the Windows drivers or anything else, I repeat, it is a Retrobat 5 problem! retrobat 5!!!
Exactly the same thing happens to me, so we'll have to wait and see if one of these updates comes together and fixes the problem,

Note: do not try to reinstall 5 because you will still have the same problem.

Cheer up and greetings.
Nekratal

Back to top Go down

No sound on video intro and music theme Empty Solved?

Post by Nekratal 19/10/23, 01:52 pm

Nekratal wrote:
marcoabm wrote:Hi guys and girls, how are you doing? Y hope well Smile

Hello, it is a Retrobat 5 problem, and if you want you can test it by installing Retrobat 4 somewhere else, so don't tell you that if the Windows drivers or anything else, I repeat, it is a Retrobat 5 problem! retrobat 5!!!
Exactly the same thing happens to me, so we'll have to wait and see if one of these updates comes together and fixes the problem,

Note: do not try to reinstall 5 because you will still have the same problem.

Cheer up and greetings.

Hello again, I have been testing and at least it has worked for me, I will explain.
I have retrobat installed on a hard drive that is not C:/ and I think the problem is that when you have to tell the installer to put it in F:/ you cannot delete the C:/ to put the F:/ because if you do it like this it will give you problems with the sound, what I have done is create a folder before installing retrobat in F:/ with the name Retrobat and now in the installer instead of deleting the C and putting the F I have left when examining the installer and I have indicated the path to F:/Retrobat. Before this I deleted the retrobat with problems and saved the bios and roms in another folder so as not to lose them. Once retrobat was installed again with the instructions I indicated above, I copied all the bios and roms into the new retrobat installation, and that's it, working and with sound.

Note: I did the new installation with retrobat 5.1 and then I added the new updates until I reached 5.3

I love the sound on the menu, you don't miss it until you miss it. Greetings and I hope this can solve the problem for anyone who has the same problem.
Nekratal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down