RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat

4 posters

Go down

hdmi sound - [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat Empty [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat

Post by illyapolaco 08/06/22, 05:53 pm

Hi !
I already read the FAQ sound issues, I have tryed with every sound option (direct sound, waspa, etc) but I can't get sound when lunching games.
When I first start RetroBat I got no sound, BUT if I manually lunch the screensaver, I got sound and then background music starts when Im on the
menu. But if I lunch a game, I got no sound at all.

If I tried the emulator(s) outside RetroBat, it works correcly with sound.
But not when lunching from inside RetroBat.

I don't know what else to do.
I'm using Windows 10 with a Nuc PC (i5, 16mb ram) hoocked to a Samsung TV via hdmi and RetroBat 4.0.2
Sounds works ok in windows.

It just dosn't work when lunching any game/emulator from RetroBat.

Any help ?

Thanks!
illyapolaco
illyapolaco

Back to top Go down

hdmi sound - [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat

Post by getupor 08/06/22, 09:52 pm

hdmi sound - [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

hdmi sound - [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Cant get sound when lunching from RetroBat

Post by getupor 09/06/22, 07:31 am

I will add the tips here, for other users
It have to be used when you got sound trouble with NUC

Thanks lopapa

Lopapa wrote:For anyone who is running retrobat, on a 7 generation intel processor or higher with intel integrated graphics and is experiencing sound failure when running retroarch here is the solution:

1) Install VB-CABLE Virtual Audio Device, it is a free program.
https://vb-audio.com/Cable/

2) Select cable input as default playback device and cable output as default recording. On the cable output, select the properties and check "listen to this devide trough" and select your Intel HDMI audio device. That's it. All your game will play and sound when in full screen.

I have not noticed it adding lag. It has not crashed on me again at any time. I use Vulkan+xaudio. But it has worked for me with every combination I have tried.

You have all the more detailed information in:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Intel-Display-Audio-Driver-Issue-During-Full-Screen-Game/td-p/639547

getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas, illyapolaco, thomin and eccegratum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eccegratum 14/08/22, 12:12 am

Thank you for sharing, i have been trying to get a workaround for this issue for a couple of weeks, even tried VB-CABLE but didn't get the configuration correctly at the time.

I can confirm this works on J5005-ITX.

On first launch, i had to change the sound API from "xaudio"  to "dsound" and restart retroarch because "Cable input" was not available in the audio device option. On second launch, it became available and i reverted to "xaudio". Had no issues on subsequent launches.
eccegratum
eccegratum

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ZekenJosh 16/10/22, 01:44 pm

Wait I am having the exact same issue! I have followed the VB Cable configuration exactly but still nothing...

@eccegratum you mentioned on launch you had to "change the sound API from "xaudio" to "dsound" and restart retroarch because "Cable input" was not available in the audio device option. On second launch, it became available and i reverted to "xaudio". Had no issues on subsequent launches."

What exactly does that mean? How did you do that? How do you change the sound API?????

I'm so confused I really want this to work
ZekenJosh
ZekenJosh

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 16/10/22, 01:48 pm

@ZekenJosh
If you're using V4, you can use BatGui (at the root of your install) to change audio drivers.

getupor
getupor
Admin

ZekenJosh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ZekenJosh 16/10/22, 01:54 pm

@getupor thank you for your advice !

I double clicked it and its saying there is a "update in progress, please be patient"....

Fingers crossed this will work !
ZekenJosh
ZekenJosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down