RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Help: Neo Geo CD issues

Go down

[RESOLVED] Help: Neo Geo CD issues Empty [RESOLVED] Help: Neo Geo CD issues

Post by thomin 17/08/22, 05:07 pm

Hi everyone, I have come accross another problem. I want to add Neo Geo CD to my systems in RetroBat.

It all worked relatively well, given how easy everything is with RetroBat. However, I have problems launching the games.

• When I try starting a game with fbneo, I do see the CD-Logo for a second and then the game quits and returns to RetroBat.
  • When I try neocd instead, I don't even get that far, no CD logo, it just quits and returns to RetroBat
  • Interestingly, when I use raine, I can start the games. Unfortunately, that emulator seems not to work for me. The emulation-menu is flickering badly, so that I can't really do anything in there and the controlls aren't configured out of the box, so basically, I'm stuck watching the title screens of the games. Plus, I'd prefer to use libretro emulator so that I can use the RetroArch features. Though I would settle with raine if that was the only way and could be configured to my satisfaction.

I've downlaoded all bios files and I'm pretty sure they're in the right place. In fact, I've put them in multiple places in order to troubleshoot. The bios files are now in the bios folder, in bios/fbneo, in bios/neocd and I also put them in my rom folder as well as somewhere in the retroarch folder where there were also bios files (don't remember the precise path off the top of my head).

Am I missing something? Is there some configuration which I missed which would allow me to run the games with either fbneo or neocd?
thomin
thomin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Help: Neo Geo CD issues Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Help: Neo Geo CD issues

Post by thomin 17/08/22, 08:33 pm

OK, I think I solved half of my issue, which is good enough I guess. Turns out that these emulators don’t like iso files. I’ve tried it now with different formats. FBneo still doesn’t work, but I can now use neocd which is great.
thomin
thomin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down