RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Empty [RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen

Post by ZekenJosh 17/10/22, 12:46 am

Hi all,

I have only just found out about RetroBat ! And only installed it in the last 12 hours! I'm loving it!

I first tested it on my desktop with no issues...

But then I wanted to set up my old laptop as a dedicated RetroBat player which I'll connect to the TV. So I installed RetroBat on a HDD, tested a couple of games, but I have noticed that on the laptop, the startup screen for PS1 games has the weird yellow tint - but then seems to dissappear when I actually play the game.... I don't have the issue on my desktop or my wife's laptop.... Has anyone else come across this issue? Also, it doesn't seem to have this issue on any other platforms that I have tested Nintendo 64, SNES, GameBoy..

See images for what I am talking about, each image is from the same game 007 Racing PS1...

Thanks for any help!
ZekenJosh
ZekenJosh

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen

Post by tartifless 17/10/22, 08:29 am

Hello,
Are your intel graphics drivers up to date ?
It's really strange...
Can you try with different video drivers in the retrobat menu ?

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen

Post by ZekenJosh 18/10/22, 01:18 am

@tartifless thanks for your reply!

Yep that was the first thing I checked - if I had the latest drivers....

Forgive me, I am very new with retrobat, where in the menu do I change the video drivers????

ZekenJosh
ZekenJosh

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Empty [SOLVED] had to tweak a few settings

Post by ZekenJosh 18/10/22, 03:04 am

For those that might have the same issue as me and is a total noob at RetroBat...

In the RetroBat folder, don't open RetroBat, instead open the BatGui.exe.

In the bottom left hand corner, under the heading 'RetroArch' - I changed the VideoDriver to d3d12.

Then click Save and run Retrobat.

This will open RetroBat.

From here go to RetroBat's menu > Game Settings > and then I changed Game Ratio from AUTO to CORE PROVIDED.

Solved! Very Happy Very Happy
ZekenJosh
ZekenJosh

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 18/10/22, 08:32 am

Was going to answer "in the batgui.exe" but you found out !

[RESOLVED] Weird yellow tint on PS1 games during the startup screen Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 18/10/22, 09:18 pm

ZekenJosh wrote:For those that might have the same issue as me and is a total noob at RetroBat...

In the RetroBat folder, don't open RetroBat, instead open the BatGui.exe.

In the bottom left hand corner, under the heading 'RetroArch' - I changed the VideoDriver to d3d12.

Then click Save and run Retrobat.

This will open RetroBat.

From here go to RetroBat's menu > Game Settings > and then I changed Game Ratio from AUTO to CORE PROVIDED.

Solved!  Very Happy Very Happy

like is explained on the FAQ ! Wink

ll
  ll
  ll
 \/
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down