RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3?

3 posters

Go down

Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? Empty Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3?

Post by jerrylee4 25/10/22, 01:47 am

i have an special version of pcsx2 for vp2 and special version of rpcs3 for MGS4
it seems that I can only andd LibroCore by using RetroBat Gui,but it could not add standalone emulator?
so when I need to use the customized version I have to backup the original one and put the customized one in the folder,and restore backup after that
Would I have both version on the system selction(like libro cores and standalone emulator)
thanks for helping
jerrylee4
jerrylee4

Back to top Go down

Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? Empty Re: Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3?

Post by tartifless 25/10/22, 10:16 pm

Hello,
Retrobat is designed to work with the provided emulators, as emulatorlauncher program is used to inject automatically settings defined in Retrobat to the emulator.
However, if you use these versions specifically for a game, I suppose you don't want to set ANY parameter from Retrobat and are OK to loose controller configuration from Retrobat in order to do all this directly in the emulator ...

If this is OK for you, you could follow the FAQ article about custom es_systems.cfg and add new systems for these (name them for example ps3-mgs4 for the specific version of rcps3).
Then in the cfg file you would have to define the place of the rom directory and to define the launching parameter to point directly to the emulator executable instead of using emulatorlauncher.

Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? Empty Re: Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3?

Post by tartifless 25/10/22, 10:21 pm

Some information here : https://emulationstation.org/gettingstarted.html

However we will not provide additional support for this as you would be using directly emulationstation which is not what retrobat is about.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrylee4 26/10/22, 03:21 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello,
Retrobat is designed to work with the provided emulators, as emulatorlauncher program is used to inject automatically settings defined in Retrobat to the emulator.
However, if you use these versions specifically for a game, I suppose you don't want to set ANY parameter from Retrobat and are OK to loose controller configuration from Retrobat in order to do all this directly in the emulator ...

If this is OK for you, you could follow the FAQ article about custom es_systems.cfg and add new systems for these (name them for example ps3-mgs4 for the specific version of rcps3).
Then in the cfg file you would have to define the place of the rom directory and to define the launching parameter to point directly to the emulator executable instead of using emulatorlauncher.
Code:
<systemList>
<system>
 <name>ps2</name>
    <fullname>Playstation 2</fullname>
    <manufacturer>Sony</manufacturer>
    <release>2000</release>
    <hardware>console</hardware>
    <path>~\..\roms\ps2</path>
    <extension>.iso .cso .bin .mdf .gz .chd</extension>
    <command>"%HOME%\emulatorLauncher.exe" %CONTROLLERSCONFIG% -system %SYSTEM% -emulator %EMULATOR% -core %CORE% -rom %ROM%</command>
    <emulators>
 <emulators>
 <emulator name="pcsx2">
 <cores>
                <core>sse4</core>
                <core>avx2</core>
                </cores>
 <emulator name="pcsx2-16">
    <cores>
                <core>pcsx2-16</core>
            <emulator name="pcsx2-VP2">
                <cores>
                <core>sse4</core>
                <core>avx2</core>
                </cores>
 </emulators>
 <platform>ps2</platform>
 <theme>ps2</theme>
</system>
</systemList>
Code:
<systemList>
<system>
 <name>ps3</name>
 <fullname>Playstation 3</fullname>
 <manufacturer>Sony</manufacturer>
 <release>2006</release>
 <hardware>console</hardware>
 <path>~\..\roms\ps3</path>
 <extension>.m3u .ps3 .iso .7z .zip .rar .squashfs .M3U .PS3 .ISO .7Z .ZIP .RAR .SQUASHFS</extension>
 <command>"%HOME%\emulatorLauncher.exe" %CONTROLLERSCONFIG% -system %SYSTEM% -emulator %EMULATOR% -core %CORE% -rom %ROM%</command>
 <emulators>
 <emulator name="rpcs3">
 <emulators>
 <emulator name="rpcs3-mgs4">
 </emulators>
 <platform>ps3</platform>
 <theme>ps3</theme>
</system>
</systemList>
Tried,but it doesn't work after put those cfg files in the\emulationstation\.emulationstation\ folder
Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? 36dVLLc
but still no personalized emulator showed
Would I be able to add another version of Pcsx2 and Rpcs3? JQoeImV
Is the code wrong or some other issues?

Thanks a lot for helping
jerrylee4
jerrylee4

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/10/22, 03:27 pm

Sorry, but we don't bring support for custom settings.
You can't add an emulator which isn't known by ES. You can only feint ..

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrylee4 26/10/22, 04:51 pm

getupor wrote:Sorry, but we don't bring support for custom settings.
You can't add an emulator which isn't known by ES. You can only feint ..
OK,Ill try thanks
jerrylee4
jerrylee4

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 26/10/22, 05:34 pm

Your code is not correct, you can not just add emulators, you must do a bit more, but as said by Getupor, we cannot provide more support

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrylee4 27/10/22, 05:15 am

tartifless wrote:Your code is not correct, you can not just add emulators, you must do a bit more, but as said by Getupor, we cannot provide more support
Thanks anyway
jerrylee4
jerrylee4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down