RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help

+2
NovaGB
teddypacboy
6 posters

Go down

Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help Empty Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help

Post by teddypacboy 28/10/22, 09:23 am

Hello everyone

My monitor is Hdr capable and my os is windows 10, turned on the hdr option in windows setting , when I launched retrobat in full screen mode my screen become extra bright and the color changed to vivid, it hurt my eyes after a while, after I’ve exited the retrobat the screen stayed that way, turned out when I launched retrobat in full screen , it turned of my HDR and I have to manually turned on the hdr option to make the color and the brightness to normal , please help, any suggestion will do, thanks
teddypacboy
teddypacboy

sbeaudette likes this post

Back to top Go down

Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help Empty Re: Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help

Post by NovaGB 29/08/23, 02:59 am

Just to add my experience to this, HDR instantly crashes retrobat for me so i have to have it turned off
NovaGB
NovaGB

Back to top Go down

Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help Empty Re: Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help

Post by deadfred69 14/09/23, 03:05 am

where do you turn it off at? Mine got turned on and now all I have is a black screen with sound
deadfred69
deadfred69

Back to top Go down

Post by retrostu 10/01/24, 01:14 pm

necroing thread, with my might necro powers

I also want to know why retrobat kills HDR. I have two usable displays, a samsung g7 1440p and a 2022 LGC2 both capable of relatively decent HDR, more decent on the C2 obviously

I can only imagine the "wraparound" retrobat is trying to emulate older displays (nostalgia pressure on the brain causes nose bleeds, I can no longer eat current day food) but emulating much of that means RB doesn't really support HDR. weird it straight up breaks it if you choose to exit RB for whatever reason. only thing I've seen I can do is re enable HDR for normal function

I can only ask the RB team to look at what's being done when retrobat launches to cause the HDR hate from the launcher
retrostu
retrostu

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 10/01/24, 04:20 pm

retrostu wrote:I have two usable displays, a samsung g7 1440p and a 2022 LGC2 both capable of relatively decent HDR, more decent on the C2 obviously
I have the 77" LG C2 and it's a great TV. On Windows I'm using 4K but no HDR when using it with Retro stuff or working in the OS itself, looks a bit too bright for my taste.

Anyhow, easily switch between HDR mode with WIN+ALT+B.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by retrostu 10/01/24, 04:29 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:
retrostu wrote:I have two usable displays, a samsung g7 1440p and a 2022 LGC2 both capable of relatively decent HDR, more decent on the C2 obviously
I have the 77" LG C2 and it's a great TV. On Windows I'm using 4K but no HDR when using it with Retro stuff or working in the OS itself, looks a bit too bright for my taste.

Anyhow, easily switch between HDR mode with WIN+ALT+B.

bit of a smaller space I got so it's the 48"

thanks for the tip, I'm still thinking the team do need to work on how RB RKOs HDR. I'd even call it a bit of a weird bug, I've been playing quite a bit of monster hunter, my brother plays the PS5 so some of that's outside how windows sets HDR, it's largely untouched. only other thing that might act like RB is tabbing out on the G7 sometimes gives washed out HDR but hitting the windows key doesn't change screen, only RB breaks HDR at that point
retrostu
retrostu

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 10/01/24, 06:37 pm

Hello,

I have a 4k tv with HDR and a laptop with HDR and have no issues.
Windows 11 and HDR is enabled.

I don't understand exactly what are the symptoms, what are your issues ? Is it related with EmulationStation or with the emulator used to play the games ?

Launching Retrobat made my HDR turned off and made my screen extra bright and color is off beause of it, please help Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down