RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1

3 posters

Go down

Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1 Empty Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1

Post by lopapa 08/07/20, 12:55 pm

Hello,

I've been trying out version 3.1, it's fantastic! Thanks a lot for the work. I have detected the following cases:

Retrobat:
- The retroarch dolphin core, doesn't work if shaders are active, it gets black screen. It's corrected by disabling the shaders only for this core. Would it be possible to override the shaders for this core? (I guess the problem comes from loading a gl shader in a directx core... or not, I'm not sure xD)
- Bump PPSSPP to latest version

Emulationstation:
- The neogeo cd scrapper points to neogeo instead of neogeo cd. Therefore, it does not download the neogeo cd covers.
- The wii platform does not scan the gcz extension, I think it is an extension used by many users.
- The snes-msu platform checks manifest files with a .bml extension. As far as I know, these files are not used to launch the rom and it forces you to hide them in emulationstation.

I'm still testing, so if I detect anything else, I'll comment on it here.

Greetings!
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1 Empty Re: Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1

Post by f.caruso 08/07/20, 06:49 pm

" The retroarch dolphin core, doesn't work if shaders are active "
So don't activate them for libretro dolphin core... You always can override this setting at the system level.

"The neogeo cd scrapper points to neogeo instead of neogeo cd"
I know and it's already fixed in the current ES beta version.

"wii does not scan the gcz extension"
"snes-msu platform checks manifest files with a .bml extension"
We'll have to update es_systems.cfg files

Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1 Admin4
f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1 Empty Re: Improvements detected for Retrobat 3.1

Post by lopapa 09/07/20, 07:56 am

f.caruso wrote:" The retroarch dolphin core, doesn't work if shaders are active "
So don't activate them for libretro dolphin core... You always can override this setting at the system level.

"The neogeo cd scrapper points to neogeo instead of neogeo cd"
I know and it's already fixed in the current ES beta version.

"wii does not scan the gcz extension"
"snes-msu platform checks manifest files with a .bml extension"
We'll have to update es_systems.cfg files

Yeah, that's what I'm doing to use dolphin.

I was just saying that for your information; I think there will be cases of people who will activate the shaders, start the dolphin core to play and get a black screen without knowing very well what happens.

Thank you very much for the quick response!
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 09/07/20, 11:56 am

Hello,

GCZ extension is for GameCube games not Wii.

Dolphin core support shaders such as antialiasing, so you can use the preset in ES "enhanced" which applies fxaa antialiasing.

BML extension is Higan rom format for MSU games. If I added it, it's for a good reason. To run MSU with higan cores, you games must be like this :
- manifest.bml
- program.rom
- msu1.rom
and with at least one track files for the musics :
- track-1.pcm
- track-2.pcm
etc

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 09/07/20, 08:55 pm

Hi,

GCZ extension is for GameCube games not Wii.
             True, but dolphin allows to compress wii games to this format. I understand that even though it is not intended to be used or the dolphin developers would not have implemented it. That's why I was saying it, I thought it was a useful contribution.

Dolphin core support shaders such as antialiasing, so you can use the preset in ES "enhanced" which applies fxaa antialiasing.
             Okay, I had also tried the zfast and the black screen scanlines. It's easier for me to turn off the shaders.

BML extension is Higan rom format for MSU games. If I added it, it's for a good reason. To run MSU with higan cores, you games must be like this :
- manifest.bml
- program.rom
- msu1.rom
and with at least one track files for the musics :
- track-1.pcm
- track-2.pcm
etc

I think the bml file is necessary to work but not to load the rom. In the official documentation of higan, they indicate that you must import the rom with sfc format
             https://higan.readthedocs.io/en/stable/guides/import/
             https://higan.readthedocs.io/en/stable/concepts/manifests/

Between today and tomorrow I'll be able to do tests that have made me curious

Regards,
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 20/07/20, 09:37 am

I was able to load the rom with higan by importing only the rom file. Just for information.
It took me a while to look at it because it got complicated over the weekend and then I forgot... I'm a little forgetful.
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 20/07/20, 09:50 am

Hello,

In the May progress report for Dolphin, they have added a new lossless compression format with an RVZ extension. After testing with my library, I have not detected any incidents. Also, it compresses much more and is designed to have no impact on performance when used with two cores or more.
The only defect I have seen is that the retroarch versions of dolphin have not implemented it yet, but it is a matter of time before they do.
I think it would be interesting to add the extensions to the project.

https://es.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2020/07/05/dolphin-progress-report-may-and-june-2020/

Specifically in this section:
5.0-12188 - Support for RVZ and WIA disc formats by JosJuice

Greetings,
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 22/07/20, 11:52 pm

I speak about higan core not the standalone one (as it's not available in retrobat) and about MSU-1 games, not standard Super NES games.

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by lopapa 23/07/20, 07:45 am

Kayl wrote:I speak about higan core not the standalone one (as it's not available in retrobat) and about MSU-1 games, not standard Super NES games.

Okay. I'll just hide the bml files in ES.
lopapa
lopapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down