RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start

2 posters

Go down

Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start Empty Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start

Post by ToB204 16/03/23, 10:42 am

Hello to all retro games fans, my name is Tobias and I'm from Germany so sorry for my bad english. Very Happy
Thanks to the developers Retrobat works great!

I am using Windows 10 and Retrobat 5.1.1 .
Now to my problem Mad
when I autostart Retrobat, my Keyboard and Controllers don't work. If I use the keyboard in another program, for example in Task Manager, both work perfectly. Does anyone have an idea of ​​what that could be?

Thanks in advance
ToB204
ToB204

Back to top Go down

Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start Empty Re: Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start

Post by tartifless 16/03/23, 11:16 am

Hello,

It might be a focus problem, you see the Retrobat screen but it does not have the focus in windows, can you try with the mouse to click in the retrobat windows, and then push the keyboard keys ?

Regards

PS: please choose an AVATAR

Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start Empty Re: Keyboard and Controller not working at Windows start

Post by ToB204 16/03/23, 04:59 pm

The problem isn't with the mouse, it works all the time. If I operate Rertrobat with the mouse, nothing changes. The keyboard and the controller only work when I use the keyboard in another program. Then it can't be the focus, right?
ToB204
ToB204

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 16/03/23, 05:11 pm

Can you delete rename the file retrobat\emulationstation\.emulationstation\es_input.cfg to es_input.old and try again ?
It should prompt you to reconfigure your in RetroBat when you launch it.

Also, can you ensure you have the SDL2.dll file in the retrobat\emulationstation\ folder ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ToB204 18/03/23, 01:56 am

Hello, I solved it,
it's the Ps3-Controller-Driver for Windows (ScpToolkit) that doesn't run smoothly. I noticed it when I had the usb dongle out at startup. I've now got 2 XBox controllers with which it works perfectly. However thank you for your help! Very Happy
ToB204
ToB204

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 18/03/23, 07:45 am

Hello,

OK, scptoolkit is outdated and not recommended at all

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down