RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retrobat start up windows bar issue

2 posters

Go down

Retrobat start up windows bar issue Empty Retrobat start up windows bar issue

Post by sorbeppe 28/04/23, 02:07 pm

Hi,
it is possible to hide the windows bar at windows retobat start up?
I have no focus on retrobat window and I need to use a mouse click to have focus.

PLease tell me it exist a way cause I need to use in a bartop

My retobat version is 5.2.0

Thanks
sorbeppe
sorbeppe

Back to top Go down

Retrobat start up windows bar issue Empty Re: Retrobat start up windows bar issue

Post by sorbeppe 28/04/23, 07:31 pm

OK.. I'm working on it. I think the issue is not on windows bar but in emulastation which at start up not have the window focus.
So currently I create an autohotkey script that simulate a mouse click after 30 seconds windows start up and it works but I would avoid this.

Is there some other solution? If someone has the same issue I can share my autohotkey script

I
sorbeppe
sorbeppe

Back to top Go down

Retrobat start up windows bar issue Empty Re: Retrobat start up windows bar issue

Post by hozerino 28/04/23, 08:58 pm

I had a similar problem. What OS are you using? I had this problem with Ghost Spectre OS (a modded Windows), and some times it happened on a normal Windows10/11.

If I recall correctly, I fixed it by using "force fullscreen" on BatGui and setting "Disable fullscreen optimizations" on the executable.

But I recommend messing around with all the combinations of these options (plus the option to start as admin).

EDIT: On my time with Ghost Spectre OS, it never worked, I could NEVER get RetroBat to steal the windows focus, so I changed to ggOS, where I tweaked a bit until it worked fine.

Last edited by hozerino on 28/04/23, 09:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 28/04/23, 08:59 pm

Oh, forgot to mention, depending on your registry defaults, the ForegroundLockTimeout registry info may do something if you have it right. I also messed with these until it worked.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by sorbeppe 28/04/23, 10:09 pm

I am on a normal windows 10...where is this setting
"Disable fullscreen optimizations" on the executable?

Which is the executable you are talking about? Emulastation or retrobat?
sorbeppe
sorbeppe

Back to top Go down

Post by hozerino 29/04/23, 04:52 pm

This setting "Disable fullscreen optimizations" can be found when you right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility.

And the executable I tried was the retrobat one.
hozerino
hozerino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down