RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat

3 posters

Go down

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat Empty PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat

Post by guitar4ever101 01/04/23, 09:32 pm

Hello,

After launch into Retrobat, my PS5 controller is detected, and I'm given the option to map it (I map it accordingly) and it functions correctly within the Retrobat UI, however, within games my controls are completely different (the select button is now mapped to L1 bumper, the X button is now mapped to start, the start button is now mapped to R3 click, etc.). Any help or insight is appreciated.
guitar4ever101
guitar4ever101

Back to top Go down

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat Empty Re: PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat

Post by getupor 02/04/23, 07:17 pm

Can you try again by changing the controller driver to SDL ?

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat 2023-018

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat Empty Re: PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat

Post by tartifless 02/04/23, 07:22 pm

You should disable STEAM while running RetroBat or disable Steam configuration assistant for dualsense.

PS5 dual sense controller mapping changing in game after initial setup in retrobat Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guitar4ever101 03/04/23, 01:06 am

Thanks all for such quick responses! As a status update, I don't have Steam installed and I set the controller driver to SDL, but no change. Interestingly, I tried as well with an old wired xbox one controller and the button mapping in game has the same incorrect layout (I'm checking by testing if the hotkey will work with my assigned select button, but it keeps wanting to map to L1 bumper).

I'm running Retrobat from a purchased standalone external harddrive "JMachen 2 tb retro game console" where this issue occurs. As a temporary solve, I've downloaded my own copy of retrobat to c drive and both the ps5 and xbox one controllers work just fine, so I believe there's some setting or an incompatibility with the purchased JMachen external that is the culprit.
guitar4ever101
guitar4ever101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down