RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games

2 posters

Go down

sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games Empty sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games

Post by Varkzor 25/04/23, 04:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I tried to look in google and on the forums, and i found some very very old posts (2020) - however i didn't see a clear solution to the issue.
If i run nes games, snes games, mame games, they all have sound stutter, very annoying to play.
The graphic part seems to run out of the box - although i'm not confident it's 100% smooth, but it's better than the sound for sure Smile.

What am i overlooking?
Varkzor
Varkzor

Back to top Go down

sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games Empty Re: sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games

Post by Lorenzolamas 26/04/23, 04:12 pm

Hi,

Change the Audio driver on Retrobat.

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games Empty Re: sound & game lag - fresh install - limited amount of games

Post by Varkzor 27/04/23, 02:46 pm

I think i found the issue - so removed my message so you don't spend any time on it if this solves it.

BR

Last edited by Varkzor on 27/04/23, 03:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Varkzor
Varkzor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 27/04/23, 03:07 pm

Hi,

you've installed the prerequit ? (dependancies)

https://github.com/kaylh/RetroBat
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Varkzor 27/04/23, 06:38 pm

I found 1 problem and fixed it, only 1 problem left now.
The fix was i took the wrong version from my library OS, overlooked i accidentally installed X86, now it's the proper 64bit version.

Games do run now, however my zero-delay controllers don't work at all.
It's Xinput supported, the web-check works positively (https://gamepad-tester.com/), however when i go in retrobat and configure controller i need to push buttons twice messing up the whole configuration, and even when i get close to a full config, it doesn't work in the menu nor in the games. Autoconfigure doesn't work neither.

I also tried the x360ce tool, i'm able to configure the controllers inside that application, however inside Retrobat it's still not recognizing it or working.

Maybe someone might have a guide on those zero-delay controllers & buttons?
When i overcome this issue, the bartop arcade will finally work after 6 months of sweat blood and tears purely on the OS/Emulator side :-)

Thanks again for the support!
Varkzor
Varkzor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varkzor 28/04/23, 02:40 pm

Hey Lorenzo, i went over to Discord, was easier to post vids & all.
BR
varkzor
Varkzor
Varkzor

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down