RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"?

2 posters

Go down

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"? Empty Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"?

Post by kanu 28/04/23, 11:18 am

Hello world,

This request may seems strange at first but is there a way to register a "mock-up entry" for a missing game in the gamelists, so that we can display the video/images/texts for it without the actual rom/iso?

To explain:

- I use the Retrobat frontend in detailed mode as a sort of giant magazine, or a history book, to learn more about systems and games. Metadata from Screenscraper are very useful to me.

- Yet I run Retrobat on a Steam Deck equivalent, with limited space available. I unfortunately don't have the luxury to embed all the games for all systems.

I did not find any info on the wiki so I wanted to know whether it was possible to "add a dummy rom" to still benefit from the metadata.

Merci beaucoup!
I have in mind space-costly systems such as the 128bit consoles.

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"? 11728510
kanu
kanu

Back to top Go down

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"? Empty Re: Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"?

Post by tartifless 28/04/23, 11:33 am

Hello,

Just create an empty file (with notepad) and rename it with one of the authorized extensions for the system.

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"? Empty Re: Can I add game metadata without the actual "game"?

Post by kanu 28/04/23, 12:07 pm

Simple as that. Thanks!
Now I need to find a way to batch-create hundred of entries.
kanu
kanu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down