RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0

3 posters

Go down

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 Empty Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0

Post by Jesusse 23/05/23, 01:57 am

Hi I have problems saving the control settings, when exiting the emulator it returns with the default settings.

in previous versions it works fine for me Very Happy
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 Empty Re: Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0

Post by getupor 23/05/23, 06:48 am

Hello
Which settings do you try to change?
Have you seen that ?

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#2754

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 Empty Re: Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0

Post by Jesusse 23/05/23, 09:08 pm

Hi thanks for answer im change this configuration no have problem in version 5.1.0 and 5.2.0
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 110

check in emulator save config try in retrobat 5.3.0 and the config no save before restar game
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 210
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 23/05/23, 10:04 pm

Hello,

Retrobat automatically regenerates the "core input remap", so you must save as folder or game remap if you save a manual mapping.
It was already like that in 5.2.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 23/05/23, 11:28 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello,

Retrobat automatically regenerates the "core input remap", so you must save as folder or game remap if you save a manual mapping.
It was already like that in 5.2.

Thanks for using save as folder this affect all emulator in retroarch in 5.3.0 for exaple im change A and B posittion in controller ps5 B=square A=X Bturbo=Triangle ATurbo=Circle, this change automatic my buttons in snes emulator and now B is A and A is B the orginal snes button
maybe only option is change for games but I will have to change the button configuration for each new game, which could only be done by emulator

I forgot to say that the images are from version 5.2.0 I had to go back to the previous version to see if it was not a configuration problem and I tried 5.3.0 again and the problem continued so I went back to version 5.2.0
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/05/23, 01:35 am

I don't understand the problem, can you explain better ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 24/05/23, 02:54 am

tartifless wrote:I don't understand the problem, can you explain better ?

ok well my english is not good
What happens in version 5.3.0 does not allow saving the configuration with the disabled option to autoconfigure controls when making the change and saving in the core reassignment option when exiting the game and re-entering the configuration returns to default and When you want to see the option where it is saved, it is as if you had not saved anything, this does not happen to me in previous versions
As I put in the images, I had to go back to version 5.2.0, as I put in the images, this is how it is saved in the Nes games, only configuring 1 game, all of them are left with the configuration that I assigned.
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/05/23, 07:35 am

Hello,

Yes this is normal, not a bug, Retrobat automatically generates the core input mapping in order to be able to set the controller type that is selected in RetroBat to the core.
This is not bug, if we change that it is not possible anymore to choose between the different controller types the core offers (for example snes cores offer controller, gun, mouse, etc.).

Retroarch only recognizes what is written in a remap file.

So the "core remap" cannot be used to save your own mapping.

You will notice in version 5.2 that if you change controller type in a core (for example horizontal wiimote or gun), it will not work.

But what is the actual problem you are trying to solve ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 24/05/23, 03:00 pm

Yes this is normal, not a bug, Retrobat automatically generates the core input mapping in order to be able to set the controller type that is selected in RetroBat to the core.
This is not bug, if we change that it is not possible anymore to choose between the different controller types the core offers (for example snes cores offer controller, gun, mouse, etc.).

Retroarch only recognizes what is written in a remap file.

So the "core remap" cannot be used to save your own mapping.

You will notice in version 5.2 that if you change controller type in a core (for example horizontal wiimote or gun), it will not work.

But what is the actual problem you are trying to solve ?

Thanks, Well the problem when I had my version 5.2.0 I had saved my button configuration in the Nes after updating the button configuration it returns to the default and now it does not save the button changes
that is, in 5.2.0 if I save the configuration,
and in 5.3.0 it no longer saves, that was the problem, I don't know if it was a bug or they changed the configuration so that it does not allow saving

Here in the image I put the option of deactivating the auto-configuration of controls, which in 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 does allow me to save the changes of the control buttons when I exit and enter the game, the configuration that I left is maintained, but in 5.3 .0 With this option being activated or deactivated, now the saving of buttons does not work anymore, it returns to the original configuration every time I exit the game and enter it again
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 110

In this image it shows that I save the kernel control configuration and it shows that I save in FCEUmm.rpm when exiting and re-entering in 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 those options are maintained but in 5.3.0 when doing the same settings saving when exiting and re-entering the game is as if nothing were saved, the option to save the core is not selected, nor does it appear in which core it is, that is, FCEUmm.rpm
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 210

What I would need to try would be to configure it by emulator, that no longer moved it since the option to autoconfigure the command worked fine for me, if it is not a bug then that option no longer works as before  Shocked

As a final summary I would say control autoconfiguration option works in 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 they work
in 5.3.0 that option no longer works for me Smile  

I leave here more images of how I make the change

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 312

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 412

Play Station 5 Controller (decault control is X=B Circle=A Square=Turbo B Triangle=Turbo A)
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 512

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 610

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 710

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 Versio10

I don't know if I solved the question, it's that I'm also using the google translator Surprised
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/05/23, 04:16 pm

Hello,

You need to save for the directory "nes", not for the core, or save for the game.

Save for the core is erased by Retrobat and regenerated by Retrobat to solve other issues.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 24/05/23, 05:12 pm

You need to save for the directory "nes", not for the core, or save for the game.

Save for the core is erased by Retrobat and regenerated by Retrobat to solve other issues.

Hi good morning If you mean this option, I used it in 5.3.0

Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 810

If this option works, it saves my configuration, but the problem of saving in that option affects all retroarch configuration.
For example, change the buttons in the nes Contra game, I save in the option that you told me, I go out and play the SNES Contra 3 in that emulator, I leave the default controls of the super nintendo but when I play I notice that the buttons are changed, in the game Originally you jump with B and activate bomb with A, but now they are backwards B is Bomb and A is jump, which here does not modify the button configuration only on Nes so it affected me to save in that option on Nes and also It affected the configuration of SNES, I don't know if I explained it well, but if you have any questions, tell me thanks Very Happy (remember this only happens to me in 5.3.0 the button saving thing, in 5.2.0 I don't have that problem I tried 2 times with new installations and only in 5.3.0 the option to save auto configure controls disabled)

Last edited by Jesusse on 24/05/23, 05:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/05/23, 05:13 pm

We know it does not happen in 5.2.0, it was introduced as a fix in 5.2.1
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 24/05/23, 05:21 pm

tartifless wrote:We know it does not happen in 5.2.0, it was introduced as a fix in 5.2.1

oki Well I just have to try in the advanced system configuration options
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 910
Bug no save control config Nes Ratrobat 5.3.0 1010

I will reinstall 5.3.0 and try that option Very Happy
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/05/23, 06:18 pm

Hello,

This will not change the behaviour, it is by design

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusse 24/05/23, 09:10 pm

Well, I give up, I can't save the configuration, now the hotkeys I modify my buttons, but when I save the configuration, it goes back to the default. Is there an option so that I can modify these buttons and save it in 5.3.0.Sad
I think I'll stay at 5.2.0

Well I'll keep moving more options but I don't see more than in versions 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 which were those options that if I saved the configuration
Jesusse
Jesusse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down