RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Button press behaivor

3 posters

Go down

Odd Button press behaivor Empty Odd Button press behaivor

Post by Oneman1973 06/09/23, 01:07 pm

Hello Smart people.  I need some help.   I had nes emulation running well, my sone played super mario for over an hour. no issues.. started working on configuring other the systems, about two other systems in I notice when i pressed the south button, the character sprite would move right as if i moved the stick.   Not sure if i change and setting i restored the original config file and figured id start mapping over again.  but its still doing it and now doing it in nes.   thinking maybe it was an issue with the controller i used a second one and it does the same thing.

I mapped and remapped an i don't see any issues except when in a game.   any help would be appreciated!
Oneman1973
Oneman1973

Back to top Go down

Odd Button press behaivor Empty Re: Odd Button press behaivor

Post by getupor 06/09/23, 04:14 pm

Hello

Can you please precise what type of controller you're using?

Odd Button press behaivor Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Oneman1973 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneman1973 06/09/23, 11:42 pm

Hello Getupor
I'm building a arcade cabinet, the control panel is made using two EG Starts USB controller boards. the windows based machine they are plugged into recognizes them as Generic USB joysticks... The windows controller test shows then functioning normally. I truly believe the issue is software based and not hardware as this was working fine until I started making changes to set up multiple core controller configs.. i just don't know what change caused this. it persists even if I copy my original configs over what's in the directory. Also Retrobat loads Retroarch. are they the same people? i noticed changes in the retrobat sometimes conflicts with the profiles retroarch loads.. didnt know a quick way of resolving that?

Oneman1973
Oneman1973

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/09/23, 08:28 pm

Hi,

This kind of controller board are not expensive, but a little shitty... 83  (sorry...)

show this topic, about recommended equipment, if you want to avoid problems and long hours of configuration...

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t1554-hardware-which-joysticks-and-arcade-stick-controllers-are-recommended-on-retrobat

but if long hours of configuration is not a problem for you, yoo can use apps like x360ce
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down