RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller Configuration / Saving

4 posters

Go down

Controller Configuration / Saving Empty Controller Configuration / Saving

Post by Fiery Phoenix 11/09/23, 02:59 pm

Hi all,

firstly a thankyou to all the members behind this great frontend. I have some experience of emulators, but this makes it all so easy. Well done.

Longtime retro geek and other gaming forum member. Decided to pick up a cheap Arcade 1Up machine and mod it using my old desktop PC and all ok so far. Just a few questions / places where I am stuck. The FAQ helped a lot for the Dolphin and MAME configuration, so hopefully all ok there, plus no problems with any of the games running, Wii mote controller appears to work on the lightgun games, so all good.

Just having some controller configuration problems on a few systems. Auto Configure Controllers is turned off in each system / Game Settings. I have looked at no. 13 under FAQ but only really mentions the Quick Menu / Controls - see blow for my issue(s)

Amiga - Unable to map keys at all using Retroarch hotkeys (does not appear) but guessing it only appears on some cores. Checked the Emulator file and WinUAE is there. I can test the controllers but remap option shaded out. Cannot see any WinUAE FAQ either. How do you re-configure controls for Amiga games?

Sega Model 2 - Light gun games here work fine with wiimote. However cannot reconfigure controls for joystick input on my Arcade 1Up. Retroarch hotkey does not work. So I press Alt & Enter to minimise screen, select Game / Configure Controls in top down menu - but does not recognise my arcade stick inputs - buttons or directions? It recognises keyboard inputs but not my controller?

Tried with Auto Configure on and off - same issue

SNES & Megadrive - Can open up Retroarch shortcut here. Quick Menu / Controls never seems to work for me. However Settings / Input / Port 1/2 Controls / Set All Controls - does work fine and maps for both controllers on my Arcade 1Up.

I make sure I save the controller profile. Bottom right shows "Controller Profile Successfully Saved"

However when I next enter the game my controller profile will not work. After doing the above, I even went into Quick Menu / Controls / Manage remap Files and saved the game remap file. It still does not work when I exit and re-enter the game - the Active Remap File does show. Tried saving it as Core Remap Files too - still the same. Checked settings and Save Configuration Settings on exit is selected also

How do I make sure my configurations are saved upon exit and load up again when re-started?

Obviously I am doing something wrong, I think I have followed the guides ok (did so for setting up MAME 64 and Gamecube) but failing at these more simpler ones! Tried re-setting the mapping / deleting and doing it again - same issue(s)

Hope you guys can help.

Many thanks
Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Controller Configuration / Saving Empty Re: Controller Configuration / Saving

Post by Fiery Phoenix 11/09/23, 04:46 pm

Update to Sega Model 2 query - found this on YouTube.  i can confirm this works - after amending the .ini file in the emulators folder it does indeed let you configure your controllers.  i I tested this on my desktop PC Retrobat - not my Arcade 1up one in case it messes with anything and I know you should not mess with anything.  Is the fix below confirmed as ok to do - could this be included in the FAQ for Sega Model 2?

Also saw a thread here about unable to exit Amiga - turning keyboard focus off in advanced settings lets the Retroarch menu load up - so controllers can be configured

Just queries about the settings not saving now for the controller mappings

Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 11/09/23, 09:11 pm

Hello
Which controller are you using?

Controller Configuration / Saving Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiery Phoenix 11/09/23, 09:56 pm

Hi - it is the standard controller board that came with my Arcade 1Up (MK Edition) I got the USB Encoder boards and hooked them up via my PC
Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 12/09/23, 08:07 am

Have you try to see if, changing controller driver by SDL, en mapping again (see here, if you got better result ?

If you still got now results (because auto-configuration is really the best situation, but controller have to be recognised), you can check this page

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiery Phoenix 12/09/23, 08:24 am

Many thanks. Will try this later.

I did not have any luck on any system using auto configure. I mapped all the buttons I could, maybe better if was using a console controller rather than an arcade board controller
Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 12/09/23, 08:33 am

Hello,

For model2, if you are talking about the dinput/xinput setting, no need to modify the .ini file, the setting is available from within RetroBat.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiery Phoenix 15/09/23, 03:07 pm

I re-installed, seems a bit better. Fingers crossed

Like the old IT trick - turn it off and on again!
Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/09/23, 03:12 pm

Autoconfiguration does not exist from Retrobat, you have to create your input configs for each games, once saved the game will launch with the right config file.

I was only talking about the dinput/xinput driver selection, that should depend on your controller type

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiery Phoenix 16/09/23, 01:47 am

Maybe a stupid question....but if auto configure does not exist from Retrobat, what happens when you turn it on and off in the menu. What is the impact?

Or do you save each configuration and the auto config saves it?

Creating own input for each game may be time consuming if have hundreds
Fiery Phoenix
Fiery Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 16/09/23, 02:32 am

Fiery Phoenix wrote:Maybe a stupid question....but if auto configure does not exist from Retrobat, what happens when you turn it on and off in the menu. What is the impact?

Or do you save each configuration and the auto config saves it?

Creating own input for each game may be time consuming if have hundreds

1) If an emulator does not have autoconfiguration, the option will not appear for this emulator in the features, and retrobat does nothing, so it means that whatever you had configured will not be overwritten.
2) I have no clue what you mean by "do you save each configuration and the autoconfig saves it"
3) Unfortunately there are no other choices for these emulators that are too complex in terms of controls, especially as they use binary files to store the settings.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Fiery Phoenix likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wagz227 23/09/23, 10:34 pm

I’m trying to use an Xarcade dual tankstick and it will not work. A couple games. But I tried mapping it and that won’t work either. Any ideas?
Wagz227

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 24/09/23, 12:08 pm

Say hello, open a new post and don't crosspost any topic about controller can be a good start...

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down