RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY

4 posters

Go down

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Empty Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY

Post by Grimmbz 14/09/23, 12:42 am

Hello everyone, yesterday I was playing retrobat normally on rog ally, today when I try to open it it crashes after the intro, in the emustation in the log it says the following error "Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received", does anyone know how to solve it? Even installing again, it shows the same error.

Grimmbz
Grimmbz

horribilikrifax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Empty Re: Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY

Post by Grimmbz 14/09/23, 04:07 pm

For anyone who has this problem, here is the solution:

1) Enter BatGui.exe.
2) select the SDL Library Selector.
3) Select the oldest version, sdl2 0.12
4) Close and open the retrobat, it will be working normally.
Grimmbz
Grimmbz

Back to top Go down

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Empty Re: Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY

Post by getupor 14/09/23, 04:18 pm

Hello
Nice to ear that you have solved by yourself.
But strange that it was working correctly, and then suddenly not working anymore.
Have you selected the right controller mode in Armoury Crate ?

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Empty interrupt signal sigsegv received

Post by Duel 23/11/23, 09:50 am

I am having this issue. Fresh install does nothing. Tried to Google the error and this is what it says. " SIGSEGV, also known as a segmentation violation or segmentation fault, is a signal used by Unix-based operating systems (such as Linux). It indicates an attempt by a program to write or read outside its allocated memory—either because of a programming error, a software or hardware compatibility issue, or a malicious attack, such as buffer overflow". I Really like Retrobat. But I can't use it because it won't open. Can anyone help me?
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Help - Error Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received - ROG ALLY Empty I tried this. All versions. I still can't get retrobat to open

Post by Duel 23/11/23, 09:52 am

Grimmbz wrote:For anyone who has this problem, here is the solution:

1) Enter BatGui.exe.
2) select the SDL Library Selector.
3) Select the oldest version, sdl2 0.12
4) Close and open the retrobat, it will be working normally.

I tried all versions. It still won't open.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 23/11/23, 10:01 am

Hello
If you are a fresh new user, can you test by using RetroBat V6 beta, that should install automatically all required files ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 23/11/23, 01:55 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
If you are a fresh new user, can you test by using RetroBat V6 beta, that should install automatically all required files ?
I tried your suggestion with beta 6. Didn't work. But it did add another error.
Now I have two.

" 2023-11-23 06:48:09 ERROR System "mess" is missing name, extension, or command!
2023-11-23 06:48:10 ERROR Interrupt signal SIGSEGV received".

Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 23/11/23, 05:27 pm

I moved the whole retrobat file to an external hard drive. And I tried it in my laptop. It booted up, no problem. I have a feeling this error code, "Interrupt signal SIGSEGV received",  pertains to the Asus Rog Ally. But I could be wrong. I'm no coder. The one thing I would dread doing would be a factory restore to my Ally.. 😥
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 23/11/23, 05:30 pm

You can try to check if there is some updates to do first on your ally

getupor
getupor
Admin

Duel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 23/11/23, 06:34 pm

getupor wrote:You can try to check if there is some updates to do first on your ally
Updated everything I could possibly update. Retrobat still refuses to open. I installed emulation station DE. That is working. I think Retrobat is trying to access an invalid memory location. Wow, this is hurting my brain. I want this to work so bad.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 24/11/23, 08:27 am

Hi,

just wanted to mention here that I'm also using RetroBat on my ROG Ally but I never encountered this problem (so far).

I only have a problem that my 1TB SD cards don't get recognized anymore, which is very annoying, as I had the main install and the "smaller" ROMs on an SD card and other stuff on the internal NVMe with symbolic links.

The problem with the SD cards not being recognized is unfortunately a known problem with the ROG Ally, they still didn't manage to fix it. Some say it's caused by a heating problem located next to the SD card slot. I was reading about the problem and I never had it myself, but all of a sudden I also got it.

When I got my ROG Ally I immediately installed a 2TB 2230 NVMe, but now as I had to move everything to internal, I didn't have space anymore. I have 107 different systems installed at the moment, almost 30.000 games.

So I eventually bought a 90 degree adapter and with that you can also fit a 2280 NVMe, so I now got a 4TB NVMe installed which leaves me with enough space.

Other problem I had once, very painful, I got a blue screen when I was playing around with Tekknoparrot, I restarted the ROG Ally but it only booted to the BIOS. I could see that my NVMe (the 2TB one) was still recognized but it would not boot from it.

So I removed it and put into the PC only to see that the disk was now unallocated. Tried to recover but the recovery didn't succeed, so I had to start over again. Gladfully my RetroBat install was on the SD card, only the internal ROMs were "lost". Of course I have a copy of those but had to go through all of them again as I cannot put whole sets as they're too big. My PS2 set alone f.ex. is already 2TB.

Then I put the 4TB inside, reinstalled Windows and stuff and made a backup of that with ASUS Live to an external disk. Installed RetroBat with everything to the internal and now I'm regularly syncing the setup to my NAS, that way nothing or not too much will be lost in the future.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 24/11/23, 04:42 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:Hi,

just wanted to mention here that I'm also using RetroBat on my ROG Ally but I never encountered this problem (so far).

I only have a problem that my 1TB SD cards don't get recognized anymore, which is very annoying, as I had the main install and the "smaller" ROMs on an SD card and other stuff on the internal NVMe with symbolic links.

The problem with the SD cards not being recognized is unfortunately a known problem with the ROG Ally, they still didn't manage to fix it. Some say it's caused by a heating problem located next to the SD card slot. I was reading about the problem and I never had it myself, but all of a sudden I also got it.

When I got my ROG Ally I immediately installed a 2TB 2230 NVMe, but now as I had to move everything to internal, I didn't have space anymore. I have 107 different systems installed at the moment, almost 30.000 games.

So I eventually bought a 90 degree adapter and with that you can also fit a 2280 NVMe, so I now got a 4TB NVMe installed which leaves me with enough space.

Other problem I had once, very painful, I got a blue screen when I was playing around with Tekknoparrot, I restarted the ROG Ally but it only booted to the BIOS. I could see that my NVMe (the 2TB one) was still recognized but it would not boot from it.

So I removed it and put into the PC only to see that the disk was now unallocated. Tried to recover but the recovery didn't succeed, so I had to start over again. Gladfully my RetroBat install was on the SD card, only the internal ROMs were "lost". Of course I have a copy of those but had to go through all of them again as I cannot put whole sets as they're too big. My PS2 set alone f.ex. is already 2TB.

Then I put the 4TB inside, reinstalled Windows and stuff and made a backup of that with ASUS Live to an external disk. Installed RetroBat with everything to the internal and now I'm regularly syncing the setup to my NAS, that way nothing or not too much will be lost in the future.
I just want to mention that this didn't start to happen until I added wiiu wua files. Strange but maybe just a coincidence. I'm about to just give up on retrobat.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 24/11/23, 04:45 pm

I only use .rpx files for WiiU.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 24/11/23, 05:17 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:I only use .rpx files for WiiU.
Ok so after a whole day of force closing I finally got retrobat to open. But I don't have high hopes because this has happened before. The struggle is real. The reason for using wua is because it consists of the game, the updates, and the DLC all in one package.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 24/11/23, 05:32 pm

From my side I really don't see what's is in common between wiiU game and you're error message...

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 24/11/23, 05:46 pm

getupor wrote:From my side I really don't see what's is in common between wiiU game and you're error message...
Right, it might be a coincidence. But it did happen twice. Both times that I added a wua file, retrobat decided it just didn't want to work anymore.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 24/11/23, 05:55 pm

Are you using Cemu with GL drivers or have you change it to Vulkan ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 24/11/23, 06:08 pm

getupor wrote:Are you using Cemu with GL drivers or have you change it to Vulkan ?
I'm using Vulcan.
Duel
Duel

Back to top Go down

Post by Duel 04/12/23, 05:59 pm

I came back to this forum to explain my findings. I finally fixed this issue and it's easier than I thought. If you get the dreaded "Interrupt Signal SIGSEGV received", all you have to do is hit the power button. Put the Asus Rog Ally into sleep mode. And turn it back on and reopen Retrobat. That's it. If you get the error again, just follow the steps again.
Duel
Duel

Lorenzolamas and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down