RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back?

4 posters

Go down

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back? Empty Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back?

Post by wtstreetglow 16/12/23, 09:24 pm

Hello all!!

Can someone help me on finding a solution for the subject?

Can anyone recommend a way to regenerate the gameslist.xml without having to rescrap?

Does the built in scraper, first look to see if the files exist at their proper location before redownload/ overwriting?

Thank you all for any guidance you can give on the mistake made on my behalf.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back? Empty Re: Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back?

Post by getupor 16/12/23, 09:42 pm

Hello

If the medias allready got the right name, you can try to activate the local datas option

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back? Empty Re: Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back?

Post by Aynshe 17/12/23, 12:36 am

but how was it deleted?

Accidentally deleted gameslist.xml for mame 078 but still have all media (images, videos, roms); How to get back? Modo
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 17/12/23, 12:54 am

@Aynshe By accident, I was starting over on my arcade titles and just accidentally deleted it (and cleared my recycle bin), so it couldn't be recovered easily. (I didn't realize it until it was too late)

It was no issues as all is corrected now.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 17/12/23, 12:59 am

@Aynshe and @getupor Can either of you recommend a gameslist.xml editor? I have a gameslist that I would like to split up based on the path (and it looks like the whole gameslist file bounces back and forth between the 2 paths) Below is an example. I can make a new thread if necessary.

Code:
<game id="44225">
<path>./078mamelibretro/zzyzzyxx.zip</path>
<name>Zzyzzyxx</name>
<desc>Perseverance will be overwhelming emotion game players as they move ZZYZZYXX up and down horizontal rows of alternating moving bricks to gather presents which will satisfy his love. Lola -- whose affection is not easily captured. ZZYZZYXX's vulnerability increases (as he collects gifts, as well as points) not only because of Lola's untouchable attitude, but because of obstacles such as rattifers trying to put an end to ZZYZZYXX's quest for Lola's love and affection. Intelligent as the rattifers may be, there are 2 defenses ZZYZZYXX can use to outsmart the destructive creatures. ZZYZZYXX can brick himself within a brick when he sees an approaching rattifer or ZZYZZYXX can move into the space where there is a gold helmet. The gold helmet intensifies ZZYZZYXX's goal to reach Lola by allowing ZZYZZYXX to use the helmet to enclose a rattifer or break through one brick which is obstructing ZZYZZYXX's course towards Lola. As irreproachable as Lola appears. Lola is overjoyed by ZZYZZYXX's success to retrieve enough presents and she whistles resoundingly to let ZZYZZYXX know. After ZZYZZYXX's triumphant deed for love. ZZYZZYXX becomes invincible, enabling him to elude the rattifers by imprisoning them within their spaces. Other dangers testing ZZYZZYXX's skillful maneuvering are falling bombs, rising missiles and cracked bricks, each capable of disintegrating ZZYZZYXX. As an added attraction, when a game player completes each level, there are animated cartoons depicting ZZYZZYXX's passionate desire to impress his love for Lola. Also delightful music throughout the game leaves the players humming and their foot tapping.</desc>
<image>./images/zzyzzyxx-image.png</image>
<video>./videos/zzyzzyxx-video.mp4</video>
<marquee>./images/zzyzzyxx-marquee.png</marquee>
<thumbnail>./images/zzyzzyxx-thumb.png</thumbnail>
<rating>0.7</rating>
<releasedate>19820101T000000</releasedate>
<developer>Advanced Microcomputer Systems</developer>
<publisher>Cinematronics</publisher>
<genre>Action / Labyrinth</genre>
<arcadesystemname>cinematronics</arcadesystemname>
<players>1-2</players>
<md5>b45d9d86625489689ee71d4bc1f64439</md5>
<lang>en</lang>
<region>us</region>
<scrap name="ScreenScraper" date="20231216T181128"/>
</game>
<game id="60836">
<path>./mame-advmame/olds.zip</path>
<name>Oriental Legend Special / Xi You Shi E Zhuan Super</name>
<desc>Oriental Legend Super is a side scrolling fighting game produced by Taiwanese company I.G.S. As an enhanced version of Oriental Legend, It adds new skills and removes some useless skills. In version 100, It was called Oriental Legend Special outside Asia. After version 100, It is named Oriental Legend Super/Xiyou Shi E Chuan Super.</desc>
<image>./images/olds-image.png</image>
<video>./videos/olds-video.mp4</video>
<marquee>./images/olds-marquee.png</marquee>
<thumbnail>./images/olds-thumb.png</thumbnail>
<releasedate>19980101T000000</releasedate>
<developer>IGS</developer>
<publisher>IGS</publisher>
<genre>Fight / 2.5D</genre>
<family>Oriental Legend</family>
<arcadesystemname>igs</arcadesystemname>
<players>1-4</players>
<md5>9fc933f88ae2540b2439eecc370cd263</md5>
<lang>en</lang>
<region>us</region>
<scrap name="ScreenScraper" date="20231216T181145"/>
</game>
</gameList>
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 17/12/23, 06:49 am

You can use notepad++

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 17/12/23, 11:56 am

getupor wrote:You can use notepad++

Oh wow, it's thousands though unless there is something in notepad++ that I don't know about that would help automate.

Essentially, there are about 1000 roms in each of the 2 directories (2000 roms total) and the gamelist.xml contains all of them (understandably).

And I would like them split to individual files based on the path entry (1000 to each file)
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 17/12/23, 01:18 pm

Just wanted to leave this last message here for anyone that finds themselves in a similar position.

I ended up using the below github to get this situation sorted out. I used the "remove orphans" feature after using notepad ++ to change all of the paths of the directory that I wanted to get rid of to "remove.zip"

The gameslist editor linked below then saw these xml entries as "orphans" and allowed for easy removal of the entries without messing with anything else in the gameslist.xml file.

https://github.com/NeeeeB/GameList_Editor/releases

Thank you @ getupor for leading my mind down this path.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 18/12/23, 10:04 am

Hi,

I prefer to use Visual Studio Code as the gamelist editor, plus you can easily install add-ons to help you f.ex. with html problems, pointing you to the line where some code might be wrong, very helpful especially when your gamelist is huge and you fiddle around with stuff a lot (like myself).
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down