RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy)

5 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Empty [RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy)

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 09:54 pm

Hello all,

Maybe I have found a bug? I will explain below. I am also tagging @getupor just in case.

The setting below I found inside of advanced options for SNES, however, the setting affected other systems outside of SNES.

Is this the intent?

For instance, it also inverted the buttons for NES. 

If this is the intent, could this setting exist for each system. 

I just found it strange that an option inside of a system menu affected other systems.

Thank you all for any guidance on the subject. Below is a screenshot of the setting.

I have begun testing my xbox controllers for each system and reporting the findings/ asking for help when I find odd things.

Thank you all again!!

Last edited by wtstreetglow on 28/12/23, 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy)

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 10:00 pm

keep getting error of "message is too long" when trying to paste screenshot to message
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy)

Post by wtstreetglow 28/12/23, 11:57 pm

@tartifless if you get any free time in the next week or so, could I get your comment on this one. I've noticed after reading the forums quite a bit, you seem to be the controller master. :-)

I was just curious if this was a known issue on 5.3 stable.

Thank you all again!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 29/12/23, 01:03 pm

Hi, I just think it’s a global setting, either inverted or not, not system related.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 29/12/23, 01:05 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:Hi, I just think it’s a global setting, either inverted or not, not system related.
Ahh I think you're right.

The only time I see the option is when I'm in the SNES menu. So it just seems odd to me.

Do you use this setting?

It seems like it will just make problems with PS games and other systems. (So you either have to fix those or fix nintendo)

Am I thinking right?
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 29/12/23, 01:08 pm

I like my A button to be A and B the B, i always hated the Nintendo button inverting. And every time I use a Nintendo system I have to swear for the first 5 minutes.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 29/12/23, 01:12 pm

Haha, I follow you :-)
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 29/12/23, 01:24 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:I like my A button to be A and B the B, i always hated the Nintendo button inverting. And every time I use a Nintendo system I have to swear for the first 5 minutes.

It's not reversed, since they arrived first (super Nintendo), it's the other manufacturers who reversed.
Japanese PlayStations have the same validation order as Nintendo.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 29/12/23, 01:37 pm

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Giphy10

[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/12/23, 01:51 pm

Hello,

I just tested and this is not the case, when enabling the value for SNES it does not impact nes.
This value is set per system and per emulator.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 29/12/23, 02:04 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:
DeadVoivod wrote:I like my A button to be A and B the B, i always hated the Nintendo button inverting. And every time I use a Nintendo system I have to swear for the first 5 minutes.

It's not reversed, since they arrived first (super Nintendo), it's the other manufacturers who reversed.
Japanese PlayStations have the same validation order as Nintendo.
That’s indeed true, i mainly used computers since the early 80s like the C64 and later Amiga followed by PCs. The PSX was my first ever console and I even bought it late after release, never had Nintendo before.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 30/12/23, 03:41 am

tartifless wrote:Hello,

I just tested and this is not the case, when enabling the value for SNES it does not impact nes.
This value is set per system and per emulator.
I don't have this option in the menu for NES or any system other than SNES. So now I'm super confused.

I will look at this again in the morning just to confirm.

I am using 5.3

Thank you for responding @tartifless!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/12/23, 09:45 am

Hello,

The option is there only for snes, I am just saying that changing this option for SNES does not invert A and B for NES

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 30/12/23, 02:15 pm

tartifless wrote:Hello,

The option is there only for snes, I am just saying that changing this option for SNES does not invert A and B for NES
Oh ok. I follow you now. Thank you for your response!!!
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 30/12/23, 04:56 pm

getupor wrote:[RESOLVED] Strange settings option behavior (invert ab xy) Giphy10
Haha. I like it @getupor
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Back to top Go down

Post by wtstreetglow 30/12/23, 04:58 pm

@tartifless, @getupor, @Lorenzolamas

I apologize for this topic. Everything is working correctly. It must have been a long day when I thought it wasn't and was my error.

Thank you all for your guidance/ help! And I apologize again.
wtstreetglow
wtstreetglow

Lorenzolamas, getupor and Aynshe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down