RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option?

5 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? Empty [RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option?

Post by zokisyxx 02/02/23, 05:00 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to change the menu driver of retroarch to 'rgui' as I'm using a CRT screen with 240p. Any other menu driver isn't readable.

Thanks.
zokisyxx
zokisyxx

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option?

Post by Lorenzolamas 02/02/23, 06:49 pm

Hello

It's possible, but with Retrobat is not necessay to access at the Retroarch interface.

All Retroarch setting are made directly inside Retrobat.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option?

Post by zokisyxx 03/02/23, 10:50 am

Thanks for the reply Lorenzolamas.

From what I can see your not able to create game remap files for specific games within Retrobat unless I've missed it somewhere. So it can only be done via retroarch itself but the 2 menu drivers included aren't suited for 240p resolutions.
zokisyxx
zokisyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 03/02/23, 10:55 am

zokisyxx wrote:Thanks for the reply Lorenzolamas.

From what I can see your not able to create game remap files for specific games within Retrobat unless I've missed it somewhere. So it can only be done via retroarch itself but the 2 menu drivers included aren't suited for 240p resolutions.

yes you can create a remap file, it's even explained in the FAQ. To switch to Rgui, he goes to the develop options, there is an option to select the retroarch interface.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zokisyxx 03/02/23, 11:46 am

Sorry I completely missed the developer options setting, got it changed to rgui and now I'm able to see the menu. I already knew step 13 for changing specific controller config's but couldn't see anything with the ozone driver but it's all good now. Thanks for your help with that.

There's one thing I'm having an issue with however, using MAME(Retroarch) saving game remaps the files don't save using the rom name.

No matter what MAME game I try it will always save as 'screenshots.rmp' for some reason? For example Final Fight(ffight) won't save as 'ffight.rmp' but will save as 'screenshot.rmp' but that only happens with MAME system no other systems have this issue.
zokisyxx
zokisyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorimaa 17/02/23, 04:00 pm

Hi
Could you explain me how have you been able to use retrobat with a CRT 240p ?
Thank you so much
Gorimaa
Gorimaa

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 17/02/23, 06:02 pm

Hi Guys, please, select an avatar (see the link on my signature below)
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FLX 17/12/23, 07:32 pm

Hi there,

I specifically signed up for the forum as I just started using RetroBat with a CRT.
I'm looking for this option as well, but on the latest release I cannot seem to locate the Developer Tools menu (supposedly at System Settings) in order to adjust this option.

Can someone please point out where I can enable Developer Tools in order to change the menu driver to rgui?

Much obliged!
FLX
FLX

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 17/12/23, 07:43 pm

Hello, and welcome here.

Check this way Wink

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-118

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FLX 17/12/23, 08:01 pm

Thank you for your swift reply!
I should’ve been clearer in mentioning that I’ve looked under the Frontend Developer Options menu, but I couldn’t find anything that would allow advanced configuration of the retroarch menu driver.

Thanks!
FLX
FLX

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 17/12/23, 08:30 pm

No problem Wink

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-119

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-120

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 17/12/23, 08:34 pm

And to enable the full menu for Retroarch ingame (even if it's not necessary, due to the amount of option available directly from the Retrobat menu

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-122

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-123

[RESOLVED] Retroarch Menu Driver Option? 2023-124

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FLX 18/12/23, 07:22 am

Man, I must need new glasses as I completely overlooked this menu item! I searched for hours, thank you!
As a sidenote, really enjoying RetroBat, it's quite the impressive piece of software, weaving together all of these disjointed experiences into one!
FLX
FLX

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down