RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focus and full screen issues round 2

3 posters

Go down

Focus and full screen issues round 2 Empty Focus and full screen issues round 2

Post by agentsmith6403 01/03/24, 08:04 pm

So I fixed the issue with retrobat not focusing on startup by reinstalling and enabling intro. Sorted

Ds5 controller was a bit temperamental so bought some 8bitdo pro 2 controllers. Sorted... Now they disconnect at random for no reason sometimes.

I started up monkeyball 2 on dolphin and the screen wouldn't focus without mouse click. Finding this issue to be on and off. Any advice?

I also have pc games installed. Most work without issues but some either don't focus or open in a small window. Again if click with mouse this usually sorts it. Any recommendations? The fox I have for this is to run through steam in big picture asked that sorts it, but it can be buggy at times.
agentsmith6403
agentsmith6403

Back to top Go down

Focus and full screen issues round 2 Empty Re: Focus and full screen issues round 2

Post by tartifless 01/03/24, 08:52 pm

What's the issue with ds5 I have one as daily driver and have no issues ?
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Focus and full screen issues round 2 Empty Re: Focus and full screen issues round 2

Post by agentsmith6403 01/03/24, 10:40 pm

tartifless wrote:What's the issue with ds5 I have one as daily driver and have no issues ?

I love my ds5 controller but it didn't always play nice with some pc games. Got the pro 2 for an easy all rounder.
agentsmith6403
agentsmith6403

Back to top Go down

Post by FiveOver014 02/03/24, 12:20 am

Make sure to have the slider switch on the 8Bitdo Pro controller in X input mode. Bluetooth pair it to the PC first. If you want to use the Switch input mode... move the slider over to that mode and Pair it again with the PC.

Once both controllers are paired up... run Retrobat and do a mapping of the controller.

Once that is done, your controller should work with all games... just have to figure out the buttons used for each game.
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Back to top Go down

Post by FiveOver014 02/03/24, 12:21 am

Also, download the firmware update from 8Bitdo from their website and make sure both controllers are updated to the latest firmware.
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Back to top Go down

Post by agentsmith6403 02/03/24, 03:49 pm

FiveOver014 wrote:Also, download the firmware update from 8Bitdo from their website and make sure both controllers are updated to the latest firmware.

All updated to latest firmware the minute I got them via the website. I've read you can't have two controllers linked to pc as it shows two player 1 controllers. I had a spare 8bitdo dongle so using that for second controller.

I have noticed that the controller will lose connection randomly. Sometimes after couple minutes sometimes hour later. Very odd.
agentsmith6403
agentsmith6403

Back to top Go down

Post by FiveOver014 02/03/24, 06:31 pm

I use two 8Bitdo Pro 2 controllers as well. Have not had the disconnection issue or time out while playing.

I'm under WIN 11 and the under the bluetooth both controllers have the same name.. so when playing through Retrobat... I find that having both of them activated (turned on) before launching retrobat the controllers act normal... the first one that was turned on is player 1 and the second is player 2. Some consoles however will allow both controllers to select and enter games.... that I'm not sure we have control over... might be a emulator thing.
FiveOver014
FiveOver014

Back to top Go down

Post by agentsmith6403 02/03/24, 09:25 pm

FiveOver014 wrote:I use two 8Bitdo Pro 2 controllers as well.  Have not had the disconnection issue or time out while playing.

I'm under WIN 11 and the under the bluetooth both controllers have the same name.. so when playing through Retrobat... I find that having both of them activated (turned on) before launching retrobat the controllers act normal... the first one that was turned on is player 1 and the second is player 2.  Some consoles however will allow both controllers to select and enter games....  that I'm not sure we have control over... might be a emulator thing.

That's the exact same setup I had. Trying it with dongle for player 2 now
agentsmith6403
agentsmith6403

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum