RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay

2 posters

Go down

Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Empty Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay

Post by Drakhan86 05/03/24, 02:10 pm

Hello,

I noticed there is an option for a custom relay server in retroarch but it is not implemented in RetroBat.

The relay servers available for New York and Montreal do not work, or rather are down. New York is definitely down, Montreal forwards the port but fails afterwards for hosting.

So now I have found a tunneling server to make my own custom relay server. I would like to be able to set that through RetroBat.

Is there any chance that this feature can make it into the next update? (Currently we are on V6.0)

I appreciate all that the community does for this project. You guys are awesome Smile
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Empty Re: Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay

Post by tartifless 05/03/24, 02:23 pm

Hello,

Can you show us where and in what format you would enter a custom relay server ?

Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Empty Re: Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay

Post by Drakhan86 05/03/24, 11:48 pm

So in RetroArch, you would go to Settings-->Network:
Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Retroa10

Then go into  Relay Server Location and you will see the settings for selecting custom:
Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Retroa11

Then you can go back under network and select Custom Relay Server Address, and type in whatever server you want by means of a Nameserver/IP Address and/or port.
Feature Request: Custom Relay Server for Netplay Retroa12

Edit:
I can confirm that the tunneling program used to make a custom relay server works very well, you just cannot host it and host a game session on the same pc.  It's not a setting that is currently handled by RetroBat.  Still, it would be nice to be able to set the Relay Server location to CUSTOM and be able to input a custom nameserver or address in RetroBat.

Please consider adding this feature.
Drakhan86
Drakhan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down