RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu

4 posters

Go down

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu Empty Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu

Post by WHITEYEAR 01/04/24, 08:42 pm

When I edit in -> Settings - entry - hot keys, when I display the save configuration option in the menu and I save the configuration, when editing hot keys, when I exit the emulator and re-enter, the configuration that I made in the option has not been saved. radpia keys. How can I save the configuration when I edit quick keys.
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu Empty Re: Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu

Post by getupor 01/04/24, 11:09 pm

HELLO

Can you please have a look at this
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#2754
and
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#1282

Why defined hotkeys in Retrobat doesn't fit you ?

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu Empty Re: Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu

Post by WHITEYEAR 02/04/24, 10:17 pm

I can't find in the guides how to leave the configuration saved in hot keys. For example, I go to the PC-Engine emulator, I run a game, I press F1 and in retroarch I go SETTING - HOTKEYS - I edit the configuration and save when I exit. I still can't get it. How should I do it pass or pass, please help me.
I have searched for core saves the configuration and I can't, I want to edit the hotkeys because in the MSX emulator I need to remove the shortcuts on the keys and delete them to be able to use the normal MSX keyboard.

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu 110
Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu 210
Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu 310
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 02/04/24, 10:20 pm

That's because hotkeys are not modifiable, they are forced by Retrobat.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 02/04/24, 10:43 pm

And there is no way to edit a file outside of retrobat so that the default configuration is the one that I modify. I am interested in some emuldars such as msx, spectrum, amstrad that the keyboard keys are available, when you press, for example, the L key, do not access hotkeys.

So what is the use of the option as included in the third image to save configuration if not save?
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 02/04/24, 10:46 pm

What option in the 3rd image ?

To enable access to keyboard keys on computer systems, just enable the keyboard focus option, this will disable the hotkeys (or press the scrolllock key)

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 03/04/24, 07:39 pm

You don't understand me, the image I am saying is that of the 3rd Post in this same block. I am referring to the hotkeys of the SETTINGS - INPUT - HOTKEYS menu here when I modify the configuration and save when I exit, when I re-enter the default keys are back.

As you told me, it cannot be saved, Retrobat forces you to change it later, my question is, then why does it allow modification and gives the option to save if later it will be the default.

You cannot modify any file of this configuration so that it is as I want the HOTKEYS the keys that I modify.Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu 211
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 03/04/24, 08:18 pm

As Tartifless allready told you, it is not possible through Retrobat
We can't make everybody happy. The good point is that a lot of retro gaming solution exists

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 03/04/24, 08:29 pm

To achieve your goal ==> enable Keyboard Focus in Retrobat

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 04/04/24, 05:22 pm

Hello mate, and in which section can I activate Keyboard Focus?
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/04/24, 04:14 pm

it might be good to search a little... the wiki exists, there is a search engine in it.
or simply search directly in Retrobat.

THANKS.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 07/04/24, 05:37 pm

To conclude

Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu 2024-042

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 07/04/24, 05:52 pm

Thanks Petup, I have accessed GAME SETTINGS - CONTROL and only these options appear, keyboard focus does not appear, why? To appear must something be activated somewhere else?
Edit Settings - entry - quick keys hotkeys in menu Captur11

WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/04/24, 05:54 pm

Your Retrobat is up to date ?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 07/04/24, 06:11 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Your Retrobat is up to date ?

You must be in the msx gamelist, it's per system

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 07/04/24, 06:29 pm

I just updated from 6.0 I think to 6.1, when I start retrobat I press the menu key and go to MAIN MENU - GAME SETTINGS - CONTROLS is that right?
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 07/04/24, 06:32 pm

Go to "Game collection settings" and ungroup MSX

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 07/04/24, 07:04 pm

For what I want to do, it helps me to activate keyboard focus for the msx emulator; So I can use all the keys on the keyboard, but it would be good to know why it doesn't save the configuration when exiting the HOTKEYS menu. Doing this well, yes, it works for me.
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 07/04/24, 07:06 pm

Retrobat forces the hotkeys, we will never allow user-defined hotkeys

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 07/04/24, 07:24 pm

I wish in an update they could give the option for users who want to modify the quick keys.

Thank you so much.
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/04/24, 07:44 pm

We have to make choices, and we can't please everyone.

So it's not planned, and I don't think it ever will be.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITEYEAR 07/04/24, 08:53 pm

Well, it has been tried hehe, retrobat would be a little more open to modifications, being able to save a configuration of hotkeys is not a difficult thing, thank you very much anyway.
WHITEYEAR
WHITEYEAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/04/24, 08:56 pm

If it's easy, you should be able to do it... Rolling Eyes
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down