RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches Empty [RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 07:19 pm

Hi there

I'm new into Retrobat and my setup is running so far - but i have almost for every emulator massiv slowdown which make almost every game unplayable.

What could be the reason for that? Performance of my PC should for sure enough to emulate at least all up to 16bit era without any slowdowns and sound glitches... So i think the problem is somewhere in the settings... Thanks for your help!

Best
Chris
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/12/20, 07:29 pm

Hello,
what is your pc configuration?

( choose an avatar Wink )
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

LeeHooker likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Performance slow downs and sound glitches

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 07:38 pm

Lorenzolamas wrote:Hello,
what is your pc configuration?

( choose an avatar Wink )

Ah how bad... Sure here are my specs:

Win 10 64bit
Ryzen 5 1500x Quad-Core 3.5ghz
Nivida GeForce GTX 1070
16gb Ram

Do you need more details?

Thanks for the support!

Best

Ps: i will add an avatar pic soon 😜
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/12/20, 07:56 pm

this is more than enough for it to work very well. Surely a software in the background which should cause its slowdown.
What are you using as anti virus?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 08:03 pm

Thanks for your feedback! No i didn't run something else. I use Windows Defender as Antivirus software...

If i dont use the 64bit version... Could this be the problem?

Really strange especially that even 8 bit don't run well here... I also don't find any setting to boost the performance...

I have to be honest and have to say that i use a preconf version... Could there be the reason why it don't work well? So maybe it makes seens to create an own version?
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 08:05 pm

Oh and i saved it on an external HDD over USB 3.1 could this be the reason for the bad performance?
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/12/20, 08:10 pm

No, USB 3.1 is largely pretty fast, but if you tell me that you are not using an official version of Retrobat, it might be difficult to help you.

Try the Retrobat 3.1 official, available on the download section, copy Bios and Roms into this new install and try.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 08:13 pm

Alright i will give it a try... Thanks! Will let you know if it runs better...
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeHooker 07/12/20, 10:36 pm

@lorenzolamas

I download the 3.1 version of Retrobat and it works a lot better now! Thanks! I'm now looking foe the best setup and emulators for each system... So far it works quite good 😁 there still was some glitches for some systems but after changing the cores and change a bit the setting it run quite smooth now...

For my way better than Hyperspin after the first session... Change Settings and other stuff is way easier to handle...

Anyway thanks mate! Looks really nice so far...

Are there any recommendations for each system? Lile which emulator/core give you the best performance and so on?

LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/12/20, 10:47 pm

Cool!

Each configuration is different, you have to do your own tests. But generally the cores assigned by default are the best.

remember to update "emulatorlauncher" as explained here: https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t161-resolved-problem-with-retrobat-3-10-and-rpcs3-game-runs-ok-but-sound-crackling#1651
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeHooker 08/12/20, 08:54 am

Btw The controlls for Model 3 was not correct by default for my - using an Xbox one controller - it was not possible to insert coins to start the game. Also it was not possible to shot in the game. After searchin over i found a preconfigurated ini File which seems to work. Think same issue will be for Model 2...
LeeHooker
LeeHooker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 08/12/20, 12:09 pm

Change the contents of the emulators/supermodel/ folder to the one present in this file:
Code:
https://1fichier.com/?4rm4u3orm5k6f7xwmh2b&fbclid=IwAR3urhp7NousBl4p5BQTtPxTmuYy9MTfKGnYfzj89YdC51sUgM620kT3GUo

For model 2 you have to configure the controls for each game separately.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down