RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Games not properly returning

2 posters

Go down

PC Games not properly returning Empty PC Games not properly returning

Post by Tunes0710 25/01/21, 01:57 am

Hi all.
Firstly, great job on RetroBat! I had an ES setup, but was encountering a problem, so thought I'd give RetroBat a go - it would have saved me hours of setup time if I'd have known about this beforehand!
My issue is with Games that I have installed via Xbox Gamepass.
I've dropped the .lnk files in the correct folder and RB launches them fine (which is the problem I had with the vanilla ES - the game would launch, but ES would immediately return over the top, and so the game would load behind ES, and the only way I could get to the game, was to close ES).
RB doesn't do that, it brings the game window to front and so the game loads and all is good.
The problem I have is when I close the game.
It's almost like it is returning to another window or that the RB window isn't "selected". As I can see it.. I just can't move or do anything. I have to use a mouse and physically click in the RB window to be able to use it again.

I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done to ensure that RB is the "active" window that it returns to when the games are closed.
Any advice gratefully received!
Tunes0710
Tunes0710

Back to top Go down

PC Games not properly returning Empty Re: PC Games not properly returning

Post by Lorenzolamas 26/01/21, 08:42 pm

Hello,
you have to wait for Retrobat V4, to see if that corrects this problem, I have no other solutions to give you.
I don't have this kind of problem with "normal" games and since I don't have an Xbox Game Pass, I can't test.

( please choose an avatar )
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tunes0710 26/01/21, 09:25 pm

I managed to solve it (almost) with my reply to my original thread over here.

The only game I'm having problems is Gears 5, as if I have say an explorer window open and launch RB, then the game seems to go fullscreen, but "behind" any open windows... so RB will return in front of it.
I'm going to play around with the options for the game though to see if I can get it to launch properly.
If not, I'll probably update the batch file for that game to issue a kill on RB and then re-launch after a 2 min timeout, as that *should* hopefully sort it out.

But also very keen to test the next version to see if it makes any improvements.
Tunes0710
Tunes0710

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down