RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time

3 posters

Go down

Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time Empty Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time

Post by lee337reilly 07/04/21, 06:59 am

Hi there - I have Retrobat working great with some old consoles games i.e. they load instantly. With DOS games though, the DOSBox window will appear and I'll have to manually mount my games directory, cd into the relevant game directory, and then execute the relevant .exe..

I can obviously add mount c c:\roms\dos to the config file and that'll save me one step at least, but is there a setting I can use or environment variable I can create/pass/use to load the games without having to type each time?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!
lee337reilly
lee337reilly

Back to top Go down

Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time Empty Re: Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time

Post by Kayl 20/04/21, 07:16 pm

Hello,

DOSBox standalone need a little bit knowledge on how to make a config file with autoexec section that can mount automatically the drives you need. I have not enough time to teach you how to do that so I can only recommand you to search some tutorials about it. DOSBox need a config file for each games with specific parameters.

Sorry for not being able to tell you more but this will eventually require that I write an entire tutorial and tutorials already exist.

For the next upcoming RetroBat release (v4) we'll use dosbox pure libretro core as default emulator which will make games configuration really more easy.

Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time Empty Re: Loading DOS games w/o having to mount, chdir, run *.exe each time

Post by Voljega 23/04/21, 11:47 am

lee337reilly wrote:Hi there - I have Retrobat working great with some old consoles games i.e. they load instantly. With DOS games though, the DOSBox window will appear and I'll have to manually mount my games directory, cd into the relevant game directory, and then execute the relevant .exe..

I can obviously add mount c c:\roms\dos to the config file and that'll save me one step at least, but is there a setting I can use or environment variable I can create/pass/use to load the games without having to type each time?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Hello the most simple way is to use my tool to convert game from the exodos collection : https://github.com/Voljega/ExoDOSConverter/releases

You can also read to documentation for Batocera which should mostly apply to Retrobat too (just change linux pathes to windows) https://wiki.batocera.org/emulators:dos?s[]=dosbox
Voljega
Voljega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down