RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

high consumption of the video card

2 posters

Go down

high consumption of the video card Empty high consumption of the video card

Post by rogerio848484 25/01/22, 02:53 pm

Good morning,

Friends, I'm using retrobat 4.0.2, by the way congratulations for the excellent work, what I noticed is that the consumption of the video card is very high when I'm in the retrobat menu, my video card is a gtx 1660, and the consumption right away it hits 39% ranging from 28% to 40%, a friend of mine has a gtx 1050ti and his consumption is alarming, it is around 50% to 70%, we have already tested it with emulationstation in version 2.10 and consumption is around 21%, at the moment the retrobat is getting heavy in some situations, for example if you make a theme with two videos on the screen, it keeps crashing, or even using fanart it crashes, I believe there is something something to do with all this consumption.
I apologize for the complaint.

Sincerely,

Rogerio Queiroz.
rogerio848484
rogerio848484

Back to top Go down

high consumption of the video card Empty Re: high consumption of the video card

Post by getupor 25/01/22, 07:52 pm

Ola Rogerio, e bemvindo aqui.

After asking to Fabrice, this is more NVidia drivers relative than EmulationStation.
Obviously, old ES version doesn't have the same possibilities than the actual one, so theme have less things to start at the same time, and consume less gpu power.
Have you try V4.0.2 version with original theme without scrape ?

high consumption of the video card Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerio848484 26/01/22, 12:30 am

Good night,

I've already tested it, with the consumption varying up to 51%, I tested it further and found that it is consuming 7gb of ram memory, I believe that this is one of the problems that makes videos and fanarts choke.
I'm not complaining, I just wanted to help so I don't get so heavy.

My apologies.

Sincerely,

Rogerio Queiroz
rogerio848484
rogerio848484

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 26/01/22, 09:16 am

No problem Rogério, we well understood the aim of your message 😉.
You should try Hel Mic theme "ComicScrap" with 7 videos modus, a good stress test
https://youtu.be/Vns-raU0zh0

high consumption of the video card Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down