RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems

3 posters

Go down

BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems Empty BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems

Post by BlackCeifer 07/04/22, 03:37 am

I have ran RetroBat before and did not have this problem until I setup a new rig with 4.0.2

My steps
Download Retrobat from this site.
Install Retrobat to D:/RetroBat
Create Desktop Shortcut for BatGUI.exe
Open Roms folder and transfer my collection to there proper folders.
Run BatGui as Admin (get message batgui has an update - accept and install update)
Adjust widnow settings to 1920x1080
Click GameList Editor Tab
Click on a system (example GameGear)
Get BatGui Error Message (copy to clipboard) click ok and batgui closes

Copied to clipboard
Copied from Error page:

Expected
When I click on the System it should show me the gamelist and allow me to update the XML to include all the game's in the appropriate folder.

As a note the games do show up in Retrobar when I open it but I don't have Gamelist only selected

And this error still shows up even after running retrobat and scraping some games.

My System is
LENOVO Legion 5 15ARH05 (Laptop)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics            3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.4 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
Display Memory: 20024 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3962 MB
      Shared Memory: 16062 MB

I have had this problem once in the past, for exmple when clicking on an odd system like scummvm. It was always just one system and before I could just delete the gamelist.xml file for that system and it would work again. For some reason right now it's all systems I click, regardless of xml being present or not.
BlackCeifer
BlackCeifer

Back to top Go down

BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems Empty Re: BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems

Post by BlackCeifer 07/04/22, 04:43 am

Ok SO RetroBat itself is working, all games show up in the proper system. And it's creating the XML's as it scrapes the systems. So I am not sure what's going on with my BatGUI. I was really only in there cause I will be porting all my Switch/PS3/360 stuff from my older rig soon, and was always fun getting those to work. Been a while since I did the initial setup, maybe I am missing something.

In any case hopefully this is a one off issue.

Thanks for the great front end. Its really user friendly and takes away the headache of setting up a retro rig. Pretty much plug and play.
BlackCeifer
BlackCeifer

Back to top Go down

BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems Empty Re: BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems

Post by getupor 07/04/22, 09:26 am

Hello and welcome.
There is a section specially for BatGui. But the crash while using the gamelist editor have allready been reported to @Reppa

For PS3 and 360, you can use the .m3u creator (last tab).
BTW, for all others systems, all gamelist are automatically generated when you start a scrap, or when you pass over each game of the list in Retrobat.

BatGUI crash when trying to build GameList.xml in most Systems Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 07/04/22, 08:47 pm

Hello,

Next time, to report bug for BatGui.exe

Use this section: https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/f9-batgui

Thank you for your feedback.

( I close this post )
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down